Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

SR300 can not init or acquire frames

Mike_Z_1
Beginner
Dear Intel Support Team:

I posted my issue one week ago (refer to the following links), but have not got any response.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/675115
https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/675116

I called your support hotline 400-920-2200, reported this issue (case no.: 01746750), and was told an Intel engineer will contact me by email or phone, but I have not
heard anything since then.

Today I called your support hotline 400-920-2200 again, and was told that I had not post my issue yet. I do not know why, and just re-post it again.

I bought 51 SR300's and 1 R200, and need your quick and serious support!

Thanks! Look forward to your immediate response!

BR,
Mike

======================= My Issue ==================
I bought a SR300 which was delivered to me in the Middle of May this year. I bought additional 50 SR300's which ware delivered to me 20 days ago. I am facing a very serious issue and need your quick support!

1) Issue with the first SR300

When I use it using SDK and run the examples, all examples ran ok. But when I use it with librealsense (the library), it sometimes give the following error:
"rs::error was thrown when calling rs_wait_for_frames(device:0000007AFF580F70):
    Timeout waiting for frames."

2) Issue with the following 50 SR300's
These SR300's look different from the first SR300. The USB cable is shorter (1m instead of 1.2m). But when I use them using SDK and run the examples, some sensors sometimes just can not be initiated or can not
acquire frames. When I run use them with librealsense (the library), this issue is become more serious, most sensors give the Timeout error as as shown above.

I did all the above tests on the same desktop with Windows 10 and the same USB 3.0 port. My desktop is a MacBook Pro on which I installed dual-system (OSX and Windows 10).
I am using the latest driver: intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.1.25.2599.

Please tell me how to solve these issues.

I plan to buy a 2in1 to control these sensors, please provide me a brand/vendor/model list of 2in1's which work well with the SR300's (do not have these disconnection issues).

Thanks. Look forward to our quick support!

Best Regards,
Mike

0 Kudos
18 Replies
mitsuru_n_
Beginner

Hi,

I faced the same problem when I connected SR300 to a laptop.

But, when I used an USB 3.0 extension cable for SR300, it worked well.

I have no idea why it could solve the problem...

Just for your information.

Sincerely,

Mitsuru 

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Mike,

Can you try the new Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager v3.2.26.6137? Can you attach a picture of the SR300 cameras that are different? I am looking into the error code you are getting when using the librealsense.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Mike_Z_1
Beginner
Dear Jesus:

Thanks for support!

I tried the new Depth Camera Manager v3.2.26.6137, and still have this issue. So it does not help.

Attached pls. find a picture of the SR300 cameras that are different.

This is a very serious issue. Some sensors can not acquire data at all, the others do not provide stable data acquition.

Has Intel tested SR300 on some 2in1 commercial products? If so, please provide me a list of brand/vendor/model list of 2in1's which you have tested work well with the SR300's.
I plan to buy a 2in1 to control these SR300's, but I need to make sure it works with your SR300's before I buy it.

Thanks! Look forward to your response!
BR,
MIke

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Mike,

Looking at the picture it looks like your first camera (Right) is an Intel® RealSense™ SR300 Camera. I believe the second camera (Left) is an Intel® RealSense™ F200 Camera. To Verify this, please connect both cameras to the computer and open Device Manager, the cameras should be listed under "Imaging devices". 

I am still trying to reproduce your issue with the RealSense library. Regarding the 2in1 system, i will check to see what 2in1 systems we validated with the RealSense Cameras.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
mitsuru_n_
Beginner

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for your support.

My environment is as follows:

• Senser: single SR300
  • Driver: sr300_3.2.26.6137
  • SDK: 10.0.26.0396

I tried both SDK and librealsense.

Although they detected the SR300, they could not capture RGBD data.

cap.png

When I used an extension USB cable for the SR300, the following popup window appeared.

cap2.png"Installing Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Virtual Device"

After installing the virtual device, the SR300 worked well.

But once I rebooted, the popup window appeared again to install the virtual device. 

I would appreciate your help again.

Sincerely,

Mitsuru

0 Kudos
Mike_Z_1
Beginner
Dear Jesus:

The second camera (Left) is also an SR300.  Its serial number is 609203001396. It was delivered to me around May 20 this year. The first camera (Right) was delivered to me two months later.

I found the issue in the following two ways with some SR300's (not all), which may help you to reproduce it:

1) Using the DF_RawStreams.exe under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\bin\x64
a) connect a SR300 to a USB 3.0 port
b) run the DF_RawStreams.exe
c) click "Start" button, the color image is shown normally in the window. So far it is OK. I stopped it by clicking "Stop" button.
d) Click "Depth" submenu, select "DEPTH 640x480x30", then click "Start" button, I saw the green LED on the SR300 turned on for less than 1 second and immediately turned off,
   heard a beep sound from my PC and saw "Device Connected" message in the status bar, but nothing was shown
   in the window; after about 22 seconds, I heard another beep sound from my PC and saw "Stopped" message in the status bar.

2) Using the cpp-tutorials-2-streams example in the librealsense package
Firstly, I successfully built the exe using Qt and Visual Studio 2013, and attached the .pro file for your reference.
a) connect a SR300 to a USB 3.0 port
b) run the cpp-tutorials-2-streams.exe, I saw the green LED on the SR300 turned on for less than 1 second and immediately truned off, heard a beep sound from my PC, and got the
   following message in the command window:
"There are 1 connected RealSense devices.

Using device 0, an Intel RealSense SR300
    Serial number: 612201002185
    Firmware version: 3.17.0.0
Device does not provide infrared2 stream."

Then after a few seconds, I saw the following error message in the command window:
"rs::error was thrown when calling rs_wait_for_frames(device:000000EAF2818EF0):
    Timeout waiting for frames."

I am using a MacBook Pro installed with Windows 10. If you need, I can get the detailed system confiduration report using the msinfo32 command, and email it to you. Please send me an email at 2695490408@qq.com if you need this report.

Thanks!

BR,
Mike
0 Kudos
Mike_Z_1
Beginner
Dear Mitsuru:
Thanks for your help!
I changed the USB cable with a shorter one, but still have the issue.
BR,
Mike
0 Kudos
mitsuru_n_
Beginner

Hi, MIke

It seems that we are facing the same problem.

The reason might be because we are using a laptop.

I also tried to run "cpp-tutorials-2-streams example" in a desktop PC. It worked well.

FYI:

I attached a screen capture of the device manager of my laptop.

It looks no problems in my laptop...

Untitled.png

Sincerely,

Mitsuru

0 Kudos
Mike_Z_1
Beginner
Dear Mitsuru:

Thanks for your info.

In my case, I bought 51 SR300's. I tested these SR300's using the same software on the same PC and same USB port, and got different results:
1) Some don't acquire data at all.
2) The others have this issue randomly, sometimes work ok, sometimes don't start streaming, sometimes give "Timeout" error after acquiring some frames.

So I think these SR300's can not provide reliable functions, i.e. have quality problems.

Dear Jesus:

When will you publish the list of 2in1's you have validated? When will you expect to solve this issue? I really can not afford to wait without any promised schedule.

I really hope to use your SR300's in my products, and I know Intel is actively attracting developers like me. For example, your following two co-workers are responsible for attracting and supporting developers, and I would appreciate it very much if you could forward this message to them or tell me their contact info:
- Mr. ZhenYu Tang, Director for realsense computing unit of Intel in China 英特尔感知计算中国区总监汤振宇
- Ms. RuoHan Fan, 英特尔软件与服务事业部(SSG)合作伙伴关系部 (DRD)中国区总监范若哈女士

Thanks!

BR,
Mike
0 Kudos
Konstantin_G_1
Beginner

I have very similar problem. On my Windows 7 64x system, my SR 300 was recognized as RGB camera, but I obviously could not install drivers. So I updated to Windows 10. Drivers installed, but can not run any example, get init error, can not even make sr300 work as simple webcamera anymore. Somites inside device list, all 4 devices are present (rgb, depth, vitual controller, camera), sometimes only rgb and depth, no virtual controller, which is very odd.

At first I thought that I have USB 3.0 issue, but it seems like a drivers issue to me? Can anything be done about that? Are many people having similiar issue, should I wait for the solution, or report this properly?

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

I have tested the SR300 in multiple systems, NUC, Mac Mini, and a Dell Laptop all with Windows 10. Unfortunately I am unable to see the issue following the steps provided by Mike. Can you guys provide additional information on your system configuration that can help us replicate this behavior?

I would need the following information:

• Windows Version and Build Number
  • Version of Depth Camera Manager installed
  • Bios Version
  • Model of PC
  • Processor Model Number

Mike, as far as suggesting which 2in1 to buy, just make sure the PC meets the recommended specifications for the RealSense Camera.

Recommended Specifications (http://click.intel.com/intelrrealsensetm-developer-kit-featuring-sr300.html):

• Windows®10
  • USB 3.0
  • Intel 6th Generation Processor or Above

Regards,
Jesus

0 Kudos
Mike_Z_1
Beginner
Dear Jesus:

The follows is my configuration:

Windows Version and Build Number: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional,  Build No. 10.0.10240
Version of Depth Camera Manager installed:  v3.2.26.6137
Bios Version: Apple Inc. MBP121.88Z.0167.B02.1503241251, 2015/3/24
Model of PC: MacBookPro12,1 (Apple Inc.)
Processor Model Number: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5257U CPU @ 2.70GHz

BR,
Mike
0 Kudos
mitsuru_n_
Beginner

Hi

Mike Z. wrote:

In my case, I bought 51 SR300's. I tested these SR300's using the same software on the same PC and same USB port, and got different results:
1) Some don't acquire data at all.
2) The others have this issue randomly, sometimes work ok, sometimes don't start streaming, sometimes give "Timeout" error after acquiring some frames.

So I think these SR300's can not provide reliable functions, i.e. have quality problems.

This week, I got additional two SR300 sensors (Totally I have four SR300 sensors.)

I tried to run librealsense's sample program. 

All four worked.But when I plugged them to different USB3.0 ports, they did not work.

JESUS E. (Intel) wrote:

I would need the following information:

Windows Version and Build Number: Windows 10 Pro (Ver. 1511, OS Build 10586.545)
Version of Depth Camera Manager installed: SR300 3.2.26.6137
Bios Version:American Megatrends Inc. 1.05.07 10/12/2015 
Model of PC: Mouse computer NEXTGEAR-NOTE i5710GA2 (http://www2.mouse-jp.co.jp/scripts_corp/structure_print.asp?Q_ID=ST608300209)
Processor Model Number: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU@2.60GHz

Thank you :)

Sincerely,

Mitsuru

0 Kudos
Konstantin_G_1
Beginner

Ok, I found the issue. New installer is NOT AUTO UPDATING FIRMWARE.

I had to find old one, update, only THEN latest installer gave me firmware update option.

It must be some bug with installer.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

The librealsense product is only experimental at this point and thus is not an official Intel product therefore we cannot support it. According to https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense, "The Intel® RealSense™ Cross Platform API is experimental and not an official Intel product."

For your issues with the RS SDK and the DCM, please run the SDK_Info tool that is provided with the SDK according to the instructions found here: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_sdkinfo_logging_control.html

Please respond attaching the zip file of the directory of logs when done.

Also take a look at the release notes for the SR300 camera for known limitations regarding USB 3 port connections and firmware updates. https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25044/eng/sr300_3_2_release_notes.pdf

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Mike_Z_1
Beginner

Dear Jesus:

Attached pls. find the log file you required.

Thanks!

BR,

Mike

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the logs. We are currently evaluating the logs to determine a root cause.  Meanwhile, there are other steps you can try to check if the problem is with your SR300 cameras or your MacBook system.

1. Try connecting your SR300 cameras to a computer system with a 6th Generation Intel Core Processor i5 or above.

2. Upgrade your Windows 10 OS to the latest build (10586 or above).

Please let us know if you still have problems on a system with a newer processor and updated Windows 10 OS.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CAike
Novice

Mike,

To ask a stupid question.. Have you tried a completely different PC Hardware setup?

The reason I ask is that we have had many F200 and SR300s here.. and there are a few machines that the cameras just don't play well. Mostly we believe it is related to the USB 3.0 chipsets.I have a ASUS laptop that has never worked!

If you haven't, try some different hardware and see if this changes the behaviour.

Chris

0 Kudos