Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Scene Perception fails to initialize R5 (v7) release

SMali10
New Contributor I

In the R5 release all of the Scene Perception examples fail to initialize. A console window will pop up briefly with a "init failed" message and then crash. This then causes all of the examples to fail to initialize the camera. After a reboot all of the other examples (except the SP ones) run fine.

I had a similar issue with the R4 release, where both the Scene Perception and Enhanced Photography modules never worked. In the R5 release the enhanced photography examples work wonderfully. Scene Perception is the only issue now.

I am running a windows 8.1 laptop that meets all of the specifications. It has an nvidia gpu with the latest drivers and OpenCL 1.2

Is anyone else still having issues with Scene Perception? Please let me know if there is any other information I should provide.

Other than that I'm very excited to finally try Enhanced Photography and Person Tracking. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Could you following this instruction https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?sdkinfo_logging_control.html and collect all the logs to me so I can help to find the root cause. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Lucas_M_2
Beginner

I'm also facing similar problems, but on Unity. My Unity crashes when I play start on the scene. I tried to update the camera drivers and the sdk, but nothing seems to have changed. Hope we can find a solution for this soon. Thanks for the input!

0 Kudos
Ben_S_1
Beginner

Hi, i am getting this same issue. Did you manage to solve it? thanks!

0 Kudos