Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Simulate Page Not found on Windows XDK

Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Because of on going issues with the Simulate screen crashing on OSX, I have resorted to using XDK under Windows (Aaargh).
I have just copied a project to create a new version.
I can view the designer, edit pages view all the code, but when I run Simulate, I get not found on the Simulator screen.

The error in the console is Failed to load resource:the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://localhost:1332/index.html

The more I use XDK, the more problems I'm getting. Having to resort to Windows is bad enough,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Nick -- it sounds like there's something in your app that is causing the Simulate tab to crash (apps can cause the Simulate tab to crash). Perhaps you should try debugging the app in a browser (Chrome) or in a built app using remote CDT, first, to figure out what the fundamental problem is.

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

The odd thing is the page index.html is where it should be in www.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm thinking the problem has to do with some JavaScript errors or problems, not the index.html file.

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi Paul

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

I have opened 2 old projects and this is happening. The error is 404: Intel XDK can't find your app. Do you have index.html in your source directory.

I do have this file and the project has not been edited outside of XDK. The odd thing is the project compiles for both Android and iOS and runs perfectly so cannot understand why the emulator (V3400 and V3759) are both throwing this error.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Nick -- my guess is that there is something blocking access to localhost, like you've got a local firewall enabled that is preventing access to localhost. This could also be blocked by anti-virus or anti-phishing software.

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi Paul

This is definitely not the issue as other projects load fine, and are viewable in both designer and the emulate tab. I have never had an issue with AV or the firewall blocking access to localhost. The problem only seem to affect a couple of projects. I have now tried the same projects in V3400 and V3759.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Nick -- you said these are old projects, and the index.html file is in the www folder. Did this project always have a www folder or did you have to update it to include one? If the latter, did you also update the "source folder" settings in the Projects tab to also point to that www folder?

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi Paul

Old in the sense that they were developed last year April 2016.

I have to make some changes to update the app and copied it to a new project (New folder name) and reset the projectGUID in the XDK file to zero's.

On opening the project to update it I get this page missing error

I have just decided to try an alternative method which seemed to work

Created a new project and copied the www and plugins folder over from the old project to the newly created project and all seems OK. Designer shows the layout correctly and the Emulate tab shows the emulated app, no sign of a page not found error.

By the way still using V3400 because I need it on my MAC, still having the SIMULATE crash on V3759 on the MAC.

0 Kudos