Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Slow FPS on Nexus 10... HELP!

Kenyon_B_1
Beginner

My Crosswalk app for Android is running VERY SLOW on the Nexus 10. On the Nexus 10 it is running about 3-6 FPS in debug. On my Nexus 6 it runs normal speed.

My set-up:
Intel XDK v 3357
Cordova CLI v 5.4.1
Crosswalk Runtime v16

My app never used to have problems on the Nexus 10 until I recently updated the XDK and updated my app to new Cordova version.

If you want to see how bad it is, download on a Nexus 10 and play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.ballwalker&hl=en

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Crosswalk apps on the Nexus 10?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sorry, but we don't have a Nexus 10 to test on and I'm having trouble getting anything to install on my Nexus 7. :(

Have you tried building with different versions of Crosswalk?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Okay, fixed my Nexus 7 problem and it works okay there (I thought it might be something to do with Android 6). One thing you can try is to build without CW on the Nexus 10. You will then use the native webview, which is very good on Androi 5+ devices. If that works, you'll want to install multiple builds into the store to address with and without CW. Let me know what works.

0 Kudos
Kenyon_B_1
Beginner

@Paul F, yes i have tried building with different version of Crosswalk, but it didn't help.

The only thing I have changed was the version of the XDK and the updated to the new Cordova CLI. Before then, everything had run smooth on the Nexus 10. Now it crawls at 3-6 FPS.

Has anyone else experienced any similar issues with the recent XDK version and Cordova CLI?

0 Kudos
Kenyon_B_1
Beginner

PS- I recently updated the version in the store to v0.042 using Cocoon and it runs fine now, on all devices. I'd like to still find out why the XDK was causing me problems though.

0 Kudos