Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Social Sharing plugin problem on Intel XDK Project

Gina_B_
Beginner

Hi, I have a problem with the plugin social sharing plugin in my Intel XDK project app.
I created a project, add 2 buttons with the designer and include the social sharing plugin, then I installed it on my iphone but it does not work, The error that returns on the phone is that window.plugins is undefined, I have looked everywhere, the only thing I found is that 'window.plugins' is deprecated but there is no answer on how to replace it for this, so I haven't been able to find a solution, Is there a way to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

"window.plugins" is simply where the social-sharing plugin inserts itself, into the JavaScript namespace. Are you sure the plugin has been included as part of your build? Are you trying to test a built app or are you trying to test inside of App Preview? If you are trying to test this in the Simulate tab or in App Preview it will not work, they do not support third-party plugins. You can only test an app that contains a third-party plugin if it is a fully built app, that you install onto your device.

0 Kudos