Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

SocialShare Plug--In

John_N_1
Beginner

I can't use this plug-in even if I enable it on the features page. I would be pleased if someone can upload a project sample with only this feature or explain how to use it. Please don't direct me to read about it, I have done so so many times, just need a simple working sample. Also when I create a project using the Login view template, I cannot click on any element on the header section. Please help...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

See the attached zip. I built it ad hoc and tested it on an iOS device. Works just fine :)

See the link at the bottom. Its a very basic app.You should be able to import the .xdk file into the XDK.

0 Kudos
John_N_1
Beginner

Thanks for your reply,

The sample is not opening as am using version 1621. Would you mind posting steps of what you did, or just send me screen shots of what you did. I will appreciate...

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Update to the latest XDK, 1826 and it should be able to open.

0 Kudos
K_shin
Beginner

In a click handler I just use this code and it works. It only shares a photo via the src of an existing div (pic = div.src). The nulls are required as I'm sure you've read in the docs. I was including the plugin as a third party in previous builds and it worked then, and it works with the new xdk where it's included by checkbox.

window.plugins.socialsharing.share(
                null, 
                null, 
                pic,
                null,
                shareSuccess
            );

It should also be noted that it only works when built, not while testing in the XDK.

Cheers,

K'shin

0 Kudos
ko_i_
Beginner

Hi,JOHN H. (Intel)

I have import your app and emulated it but there are one error below after I clicked the button [msg via Facebook (with errcallback)]:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'socialsharing' of undefined

what's wrong ?

0 Kudos
anil_p_
Beginner
0 Kudos