Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Solution to unknown certificate password

Renato_B_
Beginner

I need to know how to recover the certificate password. i need to send an update and I cannot do it without the password and the problem is that I don't remember it. if it is not possible, I need another solution to upload the new version. Please, some help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Renato -- we do not store the passwords associated with your certificates, so we cannot recover your password. If you used a converted "legacy" Android certificate it may be possible to perform a second conversion so you can assign the password again. However, if you are talking about a new Android certificate that you created there is nothing we can do to help, because we do not store any password information and the password on a new Android certificate cannot be changed without knowing the old password.

If the certificate you are using is an iOS certificate you can simply generate a new one and upload that to the build system.

If the certificate you need access to is an Android certificate that was converted from a legacy Android certificate, send an email to html5tools@intel.com from the email address that is associated with your Intel XDK account and we may be able to help you there. What you need to request is that your account be configured to "reconvert your legacy certificate to a new certificate."

0 Kudos
Renato_B_
Beginner

Thank you Paul.

I have sent a message as you suggested.

I hope you can help me.

Renato 

0 Kudos