Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Support for OneSignal Push plugin

Andrea_C_
New Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I tried to build the OneSignal Push plugin (https://github.com/one-signal/OneSignal-Cordova-SDK), but the build fails, without any logs.

I am using Crosswalk 7. It would be nice if this plugin would be supported. Can someone from the support help me in this task?

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I was able to build successfully using CLI 5.1.1 and that plugin. Try updating to 5.1.1.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Andrea,

The latest version of that plugin will only work with CLI 5 (due to the way it references some Android libraries). They also have published some "PhoneGap Build compatible" versions of the plugin. When you reference the plugin (via the git repo) use this git ref tag to get one of those versions:

1.9.4-pgb-compat

And it should work with the CLI4 build system. I haven't tried it, so I'm guessing.

0 Kudos
Andrea_C_
New Contributor I

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Andrea,

The latest version of that plugin will only work with CLI 5 (due to the way it references some Android libraries). They also have published some "PhoneGap Build compatible" versions of the plugin. When you reference the plugin (via the git repo) use this git ref tag to get one of those versions:

1.9.4-pgb-compat

And it should work with the CLI4 build system. I haven't tried it, so I'm guessing.

Yes Paul I saw that there is a pgb branch, but after building there I had some problems concerning the "andoroid-support-v4" library missing, if you want I can give you  more details if you think it's worth.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Interesting, I just did a simple test build:

• CLI 4.1.2
  • Crosswalk 7
  • blank template
  • build summary below
Build Log:
Warning: The Crosswalk team has updated Crosswalk 7 with the CVE security fixes for Open SSL to bring Crosswalk 7 into compliance. This was accomplished by updating the base Chromium version used in Crosswalk which fixes the known Open SSL vulnerabilities. The Chromium team did not update the Open SSL version and Crosswalk will still report version 1.0.1e. For more information, visit <a style="color: #9bcc44" href="https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/articles/crosswalk-7-open-ssl-update" target="_blank">Crosswalk 7 Open SSL Update</a>
The App ID is "xdk.intel.cordova.template.lite"
The App Name is "test-blank-new"
Crosswalk Version: 7.36.154.15
Plugin "org.apache.cordova.splashscreen" (0.3.5) installed.
Plugin "org.apache.cordova.statusbar" (0.1.9) installed.
Plugin "onesignal-cordova-plugin-pgb-compat" (1.9.4-pgb-compat) installed.
App name updated to [test-blank-new]
Updated "minSdkVersion" with "14"
Updated "targetSdkVersion" with "19"
Updated "installLocation" to "auto"
Updated "versionCode" to "60001"
Updated "versionName" to "0.0.1"
Added "debuggable" to "false"

No error message regarding the "andoroid-support-v4" library missing. I then built with CLI 5 (allowed the XDK to change the two core plugins, but continued to use the pg-compat version of the plugin) and it still built. There could be some sort of weird dependency between this plugin and one of your others?

Or, it could be because they were updating the build system today and then backed out the change, due to a problem. Please try it again, just in case that is the reason for the build failure...

0 Kudos
Andrea_C_
New Contributor I

Paul,

The problem with the pgb compatibile branch is shown at runtime, not at build time, making the plugin not working.

I discovered the problem by inspecting via logcat. I will provide you more details tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Andrea_C_
New Contributor I

I tried to install the pbg-compat branch with crosswalk 7, but what happens is this shown in the image attached. It seems that the android support and the google play services libraries are not installed. The a tried to add them via the plugin management system, as stated in the plugin documentation (https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/phonegap-sdk-installation)

1- cordova-plugin-googleplayservices

2-  cordova-plugin-android-support-v4

But if I try to add these plugins the XDK build fails.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Andrea, you should be able to build with CLI5 and Crosswalk 15 with those plugins. Give it a try. They are all available in the Cordova npm registry, so if you specify them by name, as named in that help doc for PhoneGap Build, as Cordova IO plugins, and leave the version field blank, you'll retrieve the most recent versions of those plugins from NPM into your project.

0 Kudos
Andrea_C_
New Contributor I

Thanks Paul,

I think it's time to move forward to CLI5 ;-)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

p.s. I know you were having some issues with the Crosswalk 15 performance, compared to CW7 (that you've been using). There is an option you can fiddle with to see if it helps or hurts your CW15 performance, via the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file. See the following for details:

<!-- controls configuration of Crosswalk-Android "SurfaceView" or "TextureView" -->
<!-- see Sep 15 comments in https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-2233 -->
<!-- default is SurfaceView if >= CW15 and TextureView if <= CW14 -->
<!-- option can only be used with Intel XDK CLI5+ build systems -->
<!-- SurfaceView is preferred, TextureView should only be used in special cases -->
<!-- enable Crosswalk-Android TextureView by setting option to true -->
<preference name="CrosswalkAnimatable" value="false" />

0 Kudos
Muyeen_A_
Beginner

Facing the same issue. can anyone please give me the summery of the solution?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Muyeen, there are multiple issues being discussed in this thread. Please start a new thread describing your issue.

0 Kudos
Lucio_s_
Beginner
For Crosswalk Android 4 it is not necessary that's the mistake!
0 Kudos