Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Support for VS2010?

Muthu_K_Intel
Employee
Not sure if this was asked before. I'm new to PS and ranintoinstall failure whiletrying to install on it Win7/VS2010.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jackson_M_Intel
Employee
Quoting muthuk
Not sure if this was asked before. I'm new to PS and ranintoinstall failure whiletrying to install on it Win7/VS2010.

As of now, Parallel Studio doesn't have support for VS2010. This support may be added in future updates.
0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee
Bit disappointed. VS2010 has been in beta for over 2 years I believe and RC is out. An update to support
it could have been very useful.
0 Kudos
putner
Beginner
Since Visual Studio Support is kind of essential for Parallel Studio and Microsoft will Release Visual Studio 2010 very soon (April 12.) a statement on that issue would eligible.
0 Kudos
Richard_K_Intel
Employee
Yes, Intel Parallel Studio will support Visual Studio 2010 as well as continue to support Visual Studio 2005 and 2008. Existing customers will be able to download the update without charge and will be invited to participate in its beta test. If you would like to participate in the beta, please watch this site for details.

Thanks for your interest!

Sincerely,
Dick Kaiser
Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Sandeep_P_Intel1
Employee
Do we have an ETA for VS 2010 support ? If there is a beta available I could not find any references to it. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Richard_K_Intel
Employee
Hi!
I regret we don't give dates for future releases. We are actively developing and testing VS 2010 support.

If you are interested in the beta, here is how to get involved.

Thanks!

- Dick
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Any way we can at least use the C++ compiler? ( I have vs2010 (upgrade from VS2003 soPS does not seeVS at all ;-)) )on vista.
$800 later this is a realdisappointment..

0 Kudos
dirk_s
Beginner
Hi,

"Existing customers will be able to download the update without charge": Is this also valid if purchasing Parallel INSPECTOR only (using a floating license)?

Cheers,
Dirk
0 Kudos
Richard_K_Intel
Employee
Dirk -
All Parallel Studio customers who purchase any Parallel Studio product will get an update with Visual Studio 2010 support.

I'm a little puzzled by your question. We do not sell a floating license for Parallel Inspector. Was this fulfilled as a part of a classroom license? If so, the terms of that license apply.It includes 1 year of updates so the answer is still yes if you are within the update period.

Hope that helps!

- Dick
0 Kudos
Richard_K_Intel
Employee
Dirk -
Intel Parallel Studio 2011 is now available with support for Visual Studio 2010. Existing Intel Parallel Studio customers can download a free update.
Cheers!
- Dick
0 Kudos
_heinz
Beginner
For the free update of "Parallel Studio"the support ended 31 Dec 2010.
If you want support afterwards you must renewal. Purchase $320
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-parallel-studio-purchase/

Heinz
0 Kudos