Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Tracking down missing 11.3.174 files - SOLVED

Brock_U_
Beginner

Do you have any of the old *2011.3.174.tgz files?

We have a floating license valid for Fortran/C development tools. In 2011 we installed only the 32-bit version, as this was the Linux version at the time.  We have now moved to 64-bit Linux. The ia32 files moved and are working just fine under the new system, but can only produce the 32-bit code. The complete set of installation files has been lost, we only have l_fcompxe_2011.3.174.tgz. For some reason, Intel no longer has the files available for distribution, only l_mkl_10.3.3.174.tgz is still downloadable and so we have that. 

We have tried to upgrade to the last version available to us under the terms of the license, but ran into trouble with license server incompatibility with the current (online) version of license generator, so the only solution remains to find the old installation files to keep running under the same license off the same server host.

Does anybody have any of the old *2011.3.174* files stashed away in their archives? Could you please look and send me an email if you do?

Edward dot Sternin at brocku dot ca

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

On the download site, the next version after yours (2011.4.191) shows as available (unless your license expired between updates 3 and 4).  In that case, perhaps you could make a specific request for a license for that version.  There may be a good reason for your version having been withdrawn from general availability.

0 Kudos
Brock_U_
Beginner

Tim, thanks for the suggestion.

The problem is that the tool that generates new licenses is no longer compatible with the floating-license scheme used by the FlexLM.  So Intel would not only be willing to generate the new license (which they are) but they would need to find and run the old license generating tool (which they are not).  And the new license generating tool makes licenses that are not compatible with .174 or .191 releases.

At least this is how I understand it.

I do no think .174 version has been withdrawn; it's just nobody bothered to save it since everybody entitled to it (including us) should have upgraded to .191 (which, I am sad to say, we did not).

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You will receive the official response from Intel in a day or two, but this is what puzzles me. You have a license and a license server that works for some release of 2011XE. As far as I am aware, that license file should work with any release of 2011XE: 4,5,...,13. Unless floating licenses contain the update number, you should be able to install and run any of the releases that I mentioned if your license expiry date has not been crossed. So, to my thinking, you should be able to download and install 2011XE update 13. Furthermore, the license is equally valid for 32 and 64 bit packages. Am I wrong?

0 Kudos
Brock_U_
Beginner

mecej4, thanks for the response. I do not think your interpretation is quite right, as the eligibility for updates is based on the date of purchase (+1 year) not on the major version. Having said that, this may have changed since 2011. I have asked Intel for clarification in a PM and will report.

We have tried several things that should have worked. Intel graciously extended our eligibility date to the oldest version they still had on file, so we

1. Updated the license file on the web site and enabled it on our FlexLM server.
  2. Downloaded the software and installed it using the license file from step 1.
  3. C Compiler works as expected and accesses the license server.
  4. idbc does not recognize the license and runs under a 30-day evaluation license.
  5. installed ifort using first 'Use existing license' and later 'Use license file' + FlexLM server (lmgrd v9.2) with: COMPONENTS="ArBBL CCompL DbgL FCompL MKernL PerfPrimL ThreadBB" runs and receives traffic form the compile node, but gives:

Error: A license for FCompL is not available now (-97,121,19).

A connection to the license server could not be made.  You should make sure that your license daemon process is running: both an lmgrd.intel process and an INTEL process should be running if your license limits you to a specified number of licenses in use at a time.  Also, check to see if the wrong port@host or the wrong license file is being used, or if the port or hostname in the license file has changed

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

I guess some subtle incompatibility is at play. I am not experienced enough to know how to resolve this, so I am looking for a "plan B", going back to the version that I know works.  All I need is the intel64/ia64 binaries and libraries of that version.

Cheers, Ed.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Brock U. wrote:
 All I need is the intel64/ia64 binaries and libraries of that version. 

Just a clarification: you do not need ANY ia64 related stuff unless you actually have some servers with Itanium CPUs on which to install the compiler. Intel64/AMD64/EM64T is what your desired product names may contain. 

0 Kudos
Brock_U_
Beginner

Yes, of course, thanks for that.  I sorted out the nomenclature after I typed my previous message.

0 Kudos
Brock_U_
Beginner

We were able to resolve our problem.  This thread can now be closed.

0 Kudos