Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Transfer license to new MAC address

Charles_Forrest
Beginner

Hi Intel,

I can't see how else to get support on this except by posting in this forum.

I need to transfer my old license for Intel Parallel Studio to my new computer. I have the MAC address ready to go.

Please can you tell me how to do this?

Charles Forrest

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Charles,

For your old license no MAC address is required. You need to use the license file for product activation/installaltion of the product on your new computer. Select 'Alternative activation ... Use license file' when the product activation prompt comes up.

I've sent your your license file offline to your email.

I hope this helps.
Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Charles_Forrest
Beginner

Hubert,

Unfortunately the license file doesn't work. When I re-run the installer, after choosing Alternative Activation and browsing to the .lic file, I get a dialog box entitled "Error" which states:

"The license file provided is invalid."

What should I do?

Charles

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Charles,

Which product do you want to install? Do you know the package id? Maybe your license doesn't fit the product and/or version.

Hubert.

0 Kudos
Charles_Forrest
Beginner

This is from Help > About in Visual Studio 2010 where I have installed Intel Fortran in Evaluation mode. I think you may be right since I didn't have the latest Fortran on my old computer.

Intel® Advisor XE 2016 Update 1  
Intel® Advisor XE 2016 Update 1, (build 435351), Copyright © 2009-2015 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® Inspector XE 2016 Update 1  
Intel® Inspector XE 2016 Update 1, (build 434495), Copyright © 2009-2015 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition for C++ Windows*   Package ID: w_comp_lib_2016.1.146
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1 Composer Edition for C++ Windows* Integration for Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2010, Version 16.0.98.2010, Copyright © 2002-2015 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows*     Package ID: w_comp_lib_2016.1.146
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows* Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010, Version 16.0.0058.2010, Copyright © 2002-2015 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2016 Update 1  
Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2016 Update 1, (build 434111), Copyright © 2009-2015 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry I didn't see your reply and in case it's still relevant for you please read my message in a private thread.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been addressed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos