Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

USB debugging for Intel XOLO

Kishor_D_
New Contributor I
We are developing app for Xolo. We are trying to USB debug the app using Xolo, but Eclipse is not detecting Xolo as a device. We have installed Intel USB drivers. Please help.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anvesh_K_
Novice

I think how it how can be done, Kishore, I understand your frustration

1. Install 1.1.4 drivers.

2. Connect mobile, Open device manager, it shows "Android Phone" with exclamatory mark!

3.Right click and open properties.Go to Details tab. In "property" select hardware id's. Remember the VID and PID. Xolo's VID for mine is 1D91, and my PID is AABC.

4. Open the intel drivers folder in program files. and open the *.ini file, replace VID 8087 (this is for Orange San Diego, intel needs to change that) with your VID, and also your PID.

5. You need to save those files, with admin previliges its possible.

6. Now remove and connect Mobile. Go to device manager. You may or may not see any changes. Right click and click update. Select Browse from my computer, and then Let me pick, you'll have 3 options "ADB", "Bootloader", "Composite", choose according to your use. After the update is success, restart everything.

7. Now possibly the adb devices command may show "List of devices attached" with empty list. If it shows your mobile ID, no problem. If it does'nt, then go to, "C:\Users\user_name\.android" folder, create a file named "adb_usb.ini" and type and save "0x1D91" in that file. it is the VID in hex . If you have a different VID use it.

8. I believe you then will be able to use your mobile in debugging. I did. I hope you do too. If its a success, please contact me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Alexander_W_Intel
Hi,

Do you have USB-Debugging activated? Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.

Without that the phone will not be recognized.

Alex
0 Kudos
Kishor_D_
New Contributor I
Hi Alex, I have activated USB-debugging in phone. I am devloping app using Eclipse, but eclipse doesn't identify the device.
0 Kudos
Shenghong_G_Intel

I think Eclipse will still invoke 'adb' to recongnize the device. Can 'adb devices' find out your XOLO device? Also, have you installed the device driver for XOLO? I have also tried to install the Intel USB driver, but it also cannot work for K800 phone (the x86 phone in China). I think you may browser in XOLO website to see whether you can find the driver provided there, or to see whether you have a button on the phone like "install driver" to help to install drivers in a host machine. (In therory, LAVA should provide the drviers for the phone).

0 Kudos
Shenghong_G_Intel
I have browserred in LAVA's official site and find that it mentioned:
Go to intel.com/software/android for the latest drivers.
in its user guide....

Maybe we need to find a XOLO phone to validate the drivers...

Thanks,
Shenghong
0 Kudos
mushtaqlone
Beginner
I Have the same problem
I think this is the problem with all lava xolo phones
0 Kudos
Alexander_W_Intel
Quoting mushtaqlone
I Have the same problem
I think this is the problem with all lava xolo phones

I think this is a driver issue. Did you try to download and install the drivers from here:http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installation-instructions-for-intel-android-usb-driver/
Thanks,
Alex
0 Kudos
Kishor_D_
New Contributor I
Hi Alex, I have installed same drivers as you mentioned, but it's not working.
0 Kudos
omeshvari
Beginner
I hav same problem
I have installed "Intel Android Device USB driver" in my pc, but still I m not able to debug on device.
0 Kudos
Gregory_L_Intel
Employee
I also see this problem -- any update on a solution? I'm working on Windows, I have installed the USB driver at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installation-instructions-for-intel-android-usb-driver/, and I have enabled USB debugging on the phone. However, ADB isn't able to recognize any devices; running "adb devices" returns an empty list. Here are some more details on my environment: *) Host is Windows 7, 64-bit. *) Xolo X900, upgraded to latest software from www.xolo.in (V1.230) *) ADB version 1.0.29 (from "adb /?")
0 Kudos
Tao_W_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
jagan_r_
Beginner

I think this will help to u..

download the google-usb_driver.rar file for Xolo A800 

click this link : 

select file menu and select download or press ctrl+s.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-OurYMEeDoCTmZRME9ORDFwenc/edit?usp=sharing

once u downloaded extract it and open device manager... select xolo A800 right click it select update driver software... and select the  browse my computer for driver software. select the extracted folder... and next and finished....

0 Kudos
Mayur_S_
Beginner

Hi 

I am using Xolo x910..i have installed intel usb drivers on my windows 7(64 bit) PC...but still when i run command(adb devices)my device is not getting detected..(usb debugging is on)...I am unable to root my phone...Please help me...Check the snapshot of my device manager....

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi, your drivers are for w7 64? or if this are compatibles with your device?

0 Kudos
Alexander_W_Intel

Mayur S. wrote:
I am using Xolo x910..i have installed intel usb drivers on my windows 7(64 bit) PC...but still when i run command(adb devices)my device is not getting detected..(usb debugging is on)...I am unable to root my phone...Please help me...Check the snapshot of my device manager....

It often helps to right click on the devices and select "Update Driver Software.." and select automatic in the next step after the driver installation. If Windows has already a working driver for a device it doesn't check again if there is a newer/more specific one automatically. 

Thanks,
Alex

0 Kudos
Mayur_S_
Beginner

Hi Alex,

I have the updated Drivers it says...there is no update available...I realy want to root my phone...please help

0 Kudos
Alexander_W_Intel

I'm sorry I don't have this particular phone here to try it out. If our official driver doesn't enable ADB on this phone you can either try it on Linux which usually works much better or try some unofficial websites like xda developers.

Alex 

0 Kudos
ArvindhKumar_C_
Beginner

Hey everyone had the same problem of my XOLO Q800 not getting detected by eclipse,,and now i got the solution.

go to control panel->device manager

and check for the name of your device,,if u click your device windows automatically checks for drivers online and installs it.

ps:The name of the driver was MyHtc ;)

0 Kudos
ArvindhKumar_C_
Beginner

had the same prob for my xolo q800.solution: go to contol panel->device manager and click on your device.windows automatically downloads the driver and installs it.the driver need not be of xolo.even htc driver Myhtc is compatible ;)

0 Kudos
Naresh_K_
Beginner

I Planed to buy xolo phone .. so i need to know whether it can be used for development purpose i.e Xolo phones can be able to connect eclipse for debugging or not.  

So Do you able to connect the you xolo phone ? pls let me know ASAP

0 Kudos
Kishor_D_
New Contributor I

Hi Naresh,

You can not use xolo phone for debugging purpose from eclipse. I am struggling from last 1.5 years for its drivers. In eclipse it's not getting detected. But you can install application on xolo phone and test.

Thanks,

Kishor

0 Kudos