Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Update free-non-commercial license after expiration

Stefano_Zaghi
Beginner

Dear all,

in the past I have obtained a free-non-commercial license of the great Intel Fortran Compiler (Parallel Studio for Linux), it being for developing some free-open-source Fortran projects. 

This license is now expired. I tried to ask for a new one, but the Intel server said I have exceed the limit of obtainable licences. 

I checked my user profile on Intel and I found I had 3 keys 

XXXX-YYYYYYYY        Expires: 29 Apr 2016                 
XXXX-YYYYYYYY        Expires: 31 Mar 2016                 
XXXX-YYYYYYYY        Expires: 27 Mar 2016 

(Indeed, I am not sure why there are 3 keys and not only the last, I have to check my emails. I remember I had have to reinstall my workstation after a "HD crash disaster", but if I asked for a new key the final keys should be 2 not 3... but those were bad days. I suspect that the keys are related to the updates I have done when new Intel Compiler versions were provided, but I remember also the re-installation after the disaster, I am really confused.) 

Anyhow, can someone (Dr. Fortran?) give a feedback about "how many keys" I can ask for? 

Digging the online Intel pages I found that free-non-commercial license should be valid 12 months: it is probable that the first license I asked was in the summer of 2015, does this mean that I cannot ask for a new one? Have I overcome the 1 year limit or the keys-for-year one? 

Can you point me to the right Intel documentation page? 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, 

My best regards. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Please try to apply again for the non-comm license. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Stefano_Zaghi
Beginner

Dear Devorah,

Thank you very much for your help.

I am going to apply again right now, I will give you a feedback.

My best regards.

0 Kudos
Stefano_Zaghi
Beginner

Dear Devorah,

I have just tried, but without success. The server said

Our records indicate that you have already requested the maximum number of noncommercial licenses for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux*.

However, with a different email (my backup address) I have obtained a new free license. I am wondering if this is correct or it is a violation of your policies. I am developing some FOSS projects in Fortran and Intel Compiler is fundamental, but I do not like to violate your licensing. 

I have registered the other email address with the same data of my original address hoping that it is clear that this is always me...

Can I use the new license without violating your policies?

My best regards.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Why are you using more than one license key per user? You can obtain one license key which allows you to install on 3 systems. 

0 Kudos
Stefano_Zaghi
Beginner

I really do not know why I have three keys. I am currently using only one, the last I obtained today with another email address. The other three are expired in 29 Apr 2016 (31 Mar 2016 and 27 Mar 2016). I guess I had manually request those keys, but not sure why. I remember that I lost my license file when I had a HD crash, but I cannot explain the other key. Because the expiration date are very close I suspect that in those days I requested (wrongly) the license two times due to the urgency of the case. 

0 Kudos