Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Utilising R200 as a camera input for Max MSP

Matt_P_2
Beginner

Hi everyone. I recently received my R200 and have successfully installed the SDK and able to view the camera working using the included utility apps. I can confirm the RGB and depth cameras work perfectly well.

I am needing to utilise these camera feeds directly into Max MSP for some prototyping, and whilst I can stream the RGB feed as expected, the depth camera outputs blocky green vision instead, as opposed to the black and white images we would expect.

Ive only freshly installed this but thought it might be best to ask on the forum if there is anything obvious I might be missing as to why the camera is behaving in this way? Why would the feeds not be consistent? Many thanks for any help or insights.

Best regards,
Matt
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Matt_P_2
Beginner

This seems to be relating to the DCM driver. Though I am unable to find a solution. I have attempted clean installs of older versions of the driver without much luck. Please see below for what I am experiencing.

Would Librealsense be a potential other solution? Would it function in a similar way to the DCM Drivers?

Any other thoughts would be appreciated :)

Best regards,

Matt

0 Kudos