Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Vimeo videos not working in Iphone 6

mattias_c_
Beginner

Okay so i've been using vimeo videos with their embedded <iframe> tags inside intel xdk. This works perfactly good in Android and iphone 4(version 7.1,2) However as soon as i try it on iphone 6 using iOS version 8+ the videos starts to run bad. What happends is that i press the startbutton and it takes a few seconds to open fullscreen and when it has opened the video has already gone a few seconds which makes it not start on second 0.  

It works perfectly good in app preview but as soon as it has been build the previously explained behavior shows up. When building i use cli 5.1.1 and target version 7.1 or 8.0, doesn't matter which one i choose the same behavior shows up as long as its build and iphone 6. I've checked the vimeo forums and according to them the problem isn't caused by their end but instead it's something with the webview: https://vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:122702  ;

This is probably true because it works good in app preview but not on build, however i have no idea how to find the source of this problem. If anyone has any input on how this could be solved i'd highly appreciate your help!

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

What happens if you open the video using the inAppBrowser plugin rather than an iframe? This will allow you to run the video in the local browser, rather than in the webview, which may work better, because the webviews sometimes have restrictions. See the inAppBrowser documentation for all the options. Do not use the window.open() technique, use the direct calls to the inAppBrowser APIs.

0 Kudos
mattias_c_
Beginner

Thanks Paul, I'll look into that

0 Kudos