Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

We purchased Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows 2017 but I need to use 2015

Jason_H_
Beginner

The serial number that I received doesn't seem to work for 2015.  We have a very specific use case that requires 2015 update 2.  How do I use an older version of the software if the serial number doesn't work?  I thought any new version would give us access to the older versions?  Is this not the case?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Jason,

Yes, you should be able to use your serial number for any older version.

I assume that the serial number you're referring to is the one for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows* 2017, since that's the only 2017 product you're listed as owning.

If your problem is that you are unable to install the 2015 version with this serial number, this link may help you: https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/licensing#install-older-iss-versions

Otherwise, would you mind telling me more specifically what you mean by "doesn't seem to work"? Are you unable to find the download for the 2015 version, unable to run it...?

- Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Jason,

Yes, you should be able to use your serial number for any older version.

I assume that the serial number you're referring to is the one for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran and C++ Windows* 2017, since that's the only 2017 product you're listed as owning.

If your problem is that you are unable to install the 2015 version with this serial number, this link may help you: https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/licensing#install-older-iss-versions

Otherwise, would you mind telling me more specifically what you mean by "doesn't seem to work"? Are you unable to find the download for the 2015 version, unable to run it...?

- Alex

0 Kudos
Jason_H_
Beginner

Ahh, that's what I needed.

Thanks!

0 Kudos