Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

When building app XDK crashes

Mike_C_4
New Contributor I

Hi All,

When attempting to build a android app the XDK app crashes. This started with version 3088 and is also doing it in 3240. However 3240 is doing much more frequently

is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks Mike
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Are you seeing this issue every time you build? Please send xdk.log file after the crash. 

0 Kudos
Mike_C_4
New Contributor I

no it don't, just more with build 3240, where are logs located at? The next time it happens i will upload the logs

0 Kudos
Mike_C_4
New Contributor I

okay just happen here is the log

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi Mike, the log shows the activities after the XDK restarted. It doesn't give much information. If next time it happens, copy the log file before you restart the XDK. Also, we've found some crashlogs that are showing similar behavior. We are looking into it. 

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@Mike, Can you PM your project zip, so we can try to reproduce this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Mike_C_4
New Contributor I

okay it crash on me today I attached the log

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Mike -- my guess is the Emulate tab is causing your app to crash. There are references in the log to API calls for AdMob, which could only be from your code running in the Emulate tab. The Emulate tab doesn't have any actual code to support those calls, and is probably crashing as a result.

I suggest you "stop" the Emulate tab before you do your build, using the "stop" icon in the Emulate tab's toolbar. See this post for more workarounds > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/624417

0 Kudos
Mike_C_4
New Contributor I

Okay  Paul,

I keep that in mine when I build thanks.

0 Kudos