Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Why landmarks # 76 and 77 (center of the eyes) are lagging?

Jean-Etienne_G_
Beginner

Hi,

In all face tracking examples in the SDK, when moving the head left and right, I notice that the landmarks #76 and 77 dot superposition are lagging behind where the all the other landmarks are almost in sync with the video image.  Is these two landmark has a special process like smoothing (to improve eye tracking for example)?  If it's the case, is it possible to skip that process and get the raw data like the other landmark?

We working on a prototype of a glasses-free stereoscopic monitor and this delay on these two landmarks for the center of the eyes is killing us.  We will use the eye contour points to avoid that delay but the pupil location will be more precise.

Thank for any help.

Jean-Etienne

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gal_G_Intel
Employee

Hey Jean-Etienne, I finished checking and you are absolutely right. Currently there are specific default smoothing parameters for the eyes.

Unfortunately, the API doesn't allow to change those specific parameters yet. However, you can manually configure and play with those values in the configuration XML (instructions in the end).

According to your feedback, please let me know if the API is needed and we will expose it in the next version.

Thanks.

C:\ProgramData\Intel\RSSDK\v7\data\face\algo_config.xml

Change values:

<Landmark>

<Smoothing>

<Smoothing_Low

<Point index="76">
          <AfineSigma value="0.15"/>
          <SmoothSigma value="5"/>
        </Point>
        <Point index="77">
          <SmoothSigma value="5"/>
        </Point>

</Smoothing_Low>

</Smoothing>

</Landmark>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gal_G_Intel
Employee

Hey Jean-Etienne, I finished checking and you are absolutely right. Currently there are specific default smoothing parameters for the eyes.

Unfortunately, the API doesn't allow to change those specific parameters yet. However, you can manually configure and play with those values in the configuration XML (instructions in the end).

According to your feedback, please let me know if the API is needed and we will expose it in the next version.

Thanks.

C:\ProgramData\Intel\RSSDK\v7\data\face\algo_config.xml

Change values:

<Landmark>

<Smoothing>

<Smoothing_Low

<Point index="76">
          <SmoothSigma value="5"/>
        </Point>
        <Point index="77">
          <SmoothSigma value="5"/>
        </Point>

</Smoothing_Low>

</Smoothing>

</Landmark>

0 Kudos
Jean-Etienne_G_
Beginner

Hello Gal,

Thanks for checking the issue and your response.  Setting these parameters manually is fine, I just try it and it's work.  For us, there is no need to expose those parameters in the API.

Regards,

Jean-Etienne

0 Kudos