Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Windows Phone build error (Error: Could not add the platform (wp81))

Piri_B_
Beginner

Good day everyone,

To be short - I build a game using Construct 2 and would like to export it to Windows Phone 8.1 using Intel XDK. I used Construct 2 (r227 - latest build) to export as Cordova, and made a tick on "Use new Intel XDK project format" and exported to Intel XDK (3357 - latest build). The game works fine on emulator tab (except for sounds, but that is a problem for the future, but any thoughts would be nice). I did not minimize the script/tried minimizing as well.

While building i get the following "Error: Could not add the platform (wp81)" and if i open the full log i get following: " Creating a new cordova project."

I am lost, because I cant get the build done, and it has been almost three days now. I tried building a template as windows phone build as well - no luck, the very same error.

Using Windows 10, if that could be of any help.

Would be great to hear any thoughts on this,

Cheers,

Per

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is no such thing as a "wp81" platform in Cordova, but there is a (deprecated) "wp8" platform. My guess is there's something in your intelxdk.config.additions.xml file that is trying to specify wp81? Can you provide a copy of that file for inspection?

0 Kudos
Piri_B_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thanks for promt reply.

Please find the file attached, thanks for your help! will be waiting.

One additional question - should sound work in emulator? Because there is no sound there, and that's worrying me.

PS: i was making another build now and getting this error now: "Unable to access project files. Try your build again or contact the Intel XDK support team.". running with administration rights does not help...

0 Kudos
Piri_B_
Beginner

Hi, me again.

Tried building Win 10 app and Win 8 app, getting the same error, but OS specific - "Could not add the platform (windows10) " Full log still just shows " Creating a new cordova project."

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Per

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Nothing of interest in the additions file. :(

Can you build one of the sample apps? Try the Hello Cordova sample app and let me know if that works.

p.s. Three day holiday weekend coming up here in the US, won't be any coverage over the weekend and I'll be leaving soon.

0 Kudos
Piri_B_
Beginner

Well, what would you know, it did not work either, but the error message is different. I attached the log file, but it seems to be another issue.

I tried reinstalling Intel on my machine/removing all, but necessary plugins/making changes in construct - nothing helps :/

Getting desperate now :D

PS: have a nice holiday!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm able to reproduce what you are seeing, but only when I attempt to do a Windows Phone build, the other two Windows platforms successfully build. The message, in the case of the hello cordova app, points to the vibration plugin, but when I remove it, I get yet another error, similar but not identical. I think there may be something amiss with the Windows Phone builder that will need to be addressed next week.

Sorry, but this is an odd error and not something I can see a way around without consulting with the responsible build engineer.

0 Kudos
Piri_B_
Beginner

I see, meaning that there is no one who currently can take a look/has any idea/can help? Can you redirect me to someone perhaps?

PS: might be interesting - i also used Phonegapp from Adobe to make a build, and well, it worked just fine, but performance was terrible.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

See the forum announcements, we only provide support during Pacific Time office hours on Monday thru Friday. This Monday is a US Holiday, so this week support is limited to Tue-Fri. Given that the Intel XDK is a free product, the forum and engineering staff are not available for 24/7 service.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Piri -- please try your builds again, there were some issues with the Windows Phone builder that have been resolved and it should work correctly, now.

0 Kudos