Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Wrong certificate used to sign application.

Darrell_L_
Beginner

Wrong certificate used to sign application.

I have had this issue a while back.  I did an upgrade, and then I did a build and when I uploaded to the google store, I got the following error message.  I had other logins at the time, and I tried doing a build with all of them at the time, and no luck.  I couldn’t get a new version of the app to be published to the google store.   Ever since that experience I have be diligent about make sure I only use one login for XDK so I can avoid this issue.   I have upgraded to XDK 2893, and to be honest I haven’t published for a while, but I tried to publish a crosswalk build today, and I get the error message that I am using the wrong certificate, and I can’t upload the apk file(s).  I am certain that I am using the same login as before.  How can I resolve this?

Error message from google play

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

I can provide you with the SHA1 vaules from the error message if that help you.  One of the SHA1 values is for the key I have, and the second one is for the the key I need

0 Kudos
6 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Sounds like you have gotten yourself in quite a pickle...

Can you send me a private message with the following:

Link to the play store of your app.

All the logins that you have used :( Which one are you currently using?

Do you have multiple apps in the store that are having issues or just this 1?

The appID you are using to build your app.

And a screenshot of the the error you are getting from the play store.

Just for your reference, each account has 1 keystore associated with it. If you do not have an existing one (from android studio/other) that you import into your account in the XDK, when you build android or crosswalk we create and assign one to your account. This keystore is used to build all android apps on your account. You dont have much control of this at this point in time. If you use the EA version of the XDK, you have more control and can specify which keystore per app.

0 Kudos
Darrell_L_
Beginner

Hi John,

I sent you a private message like you instructed, I wanted to make sure you received it, and to see if you needed any further information from me.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I have not gotten a private message from you. Please resend it and post here when you do.

0 Kudos
Darrell_L_
Beginner

Just sent you a test one, like the other ones i sent, i got the message that  the message was sent to A message has been sent to JOHN H. (Intel).

0 Kudos
Kasi_C_
Beginner

I got the same problem. Please help!

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Kasi ~

Send me a private message with you login ID and email address that you are using. Also, include a screenshot of the error message that you get from the Play Store when you try to upload your APK.

0 Kudos