Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK 3900 release problems

Carlos_M_2
Beginner

Hi,

After upgrading to 3900 release, two problems arose (using MAC OS X)

- When editing a file, just pressing the Cmd key (without pressing other keys at same time) changes indentation of current line. This is very annoying, because Cmd key is shortcut to many editor commands. Can't find a way to fix it..

- I've a ionic app, with an alert inside a angularjs controller function. When in emulator, the alert doesn't shown any more, and in console the following log appers:  Ignored call to 'alert()'. The document is sandboxed, and the 'allow-modals' keyword is not set. Usually allow-modals is used in a iframe statement, but I don't use any. In the past release, the alert pop up normally...  Any way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Luigi_Cama
Beginner

Up. (Win7Pro)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Carlos -- Both items are known issues, please see the "Known Issues" section of the release notes > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/release-notes-information-intel-xdk < for details.

Luigi -- Neither of these issues has been identified as a problem for Windows. There is a login issue for Windows, if that is what you are referring to, you can find more on that here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/720758 <

0 Kudos
Szilvia_E_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

the log in issue is happening on Linux as well. Also the installation doesn't work, because a GTK library is detected wrongly (Fedora 25 and Ubuntu 16.04), so I had to manually copy the files to /opt/intel/XDK and update the symlink to libudev.so.0.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Szilvia E. wrote:

the log in issue is happening on Linux as well. Also the installation doesn't work, because a GTK library is detected wrongly (Fedora 25 and Ubuntu 16.04), so I had to manually copy the files to /opt/intel/XDK and update the symlink to libudev.so.0.

Thanks for the info regarding the bad symlink. I'll let engineering know.

Are you installing onto 32-bit or 64-bit Ubuntu? Any other OS details you can provide?

0 Kudos
Szilvia_E_
Beginner

Thanks for the info regarding the bad symlink. I'll let engineering know.

Thank you!

Are you installing onto 32-bit or 64-bit Ubuntu? Any other OS details you can provide?

My primary OS is Fedora 25 64bit. Please find attached the list of packages and version numbers. Let me know if you need something more.

Szilvia

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Szilvia E. wrote:

...the installation doesn't work, because a GTK library is detected wrongly (Fedora 25 and Ubuntu 16.04), so I had to manually copy the files to /opt/intel/XDK and update the symlink to libudev.so.0.

There have been issues with root/sudo installs, thus we only recommend installation under your $HOME directory by you, not in a system-owned folder (such as /opt) as root or sudo. This insures that there are no permission and/or lock issues with files; problems that can appear when the XDK is installed in a protected location or as a root user. This is how the XDK is expected to be installed, in a user-owned folder, not in a system-owned folder.

Next time, please try installing as you into your $HOME folder.

0 Kudos