Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK Audio sample not working on iOS ?!

Theo_v_
Beginner

Hi there,

Today I opened the audio example packed with XDK and published it as an iOS app.
But all the buttons of the Low Latency Audio Plugin fail to play audio.
Also "online audio using HTML5 audio" fails to play... 
A working example is really appreciated

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

In order to access web-based audio for playing in your built app as you test on a physical device, you are recommended to place an asterisk (*) in the Network request field under the Cordova  Whitelist within Projects > Build Settings. Do not leave the asterisk in the build settings of the final version of your project before publishing.

0 Kudos
Theo_v_
Beginner

Hi Elroy,

Thanks for the quick reply. I added an asterisk to the white list as you suggested and rebuilded the IOS app. 
Unfortunately the example is still not working, Low Latency Audio Plugin still fails to play audio...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Try adding the CSP rule found on this page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/cordova-whitelisting-with-intel-xdk-for-ajax-and-launching-external-apps < to your index.html file to see if that works.

Which version of iOS are your trying to run that sample app on?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Theo -- see the attached rewrite of that sample app. I've still got a bit more to do, but this should be more useful and should work better than what you were using. There have been a lot of changes to the Cordova project that have been raising cane with our samples. Thanks for pointing out the issues with this one, we'll get it updated in the product soon, until then, give this one a try and let me know if you find any problems with it.

0 Kudos