Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK Free also for business use?

Stephane_V_
Beginner

Hi!

First of all I want to say that I have been truely impressed by the Intel XDK. I wasn't expecting something this good as a free tool. I truely contains all I need in one interface and tremendously facilitate developement, debugging and testing. So for this a big thank you!

I understand the Intel XDK is license free, no royalties, and that we can make apps which could bring a revenue. However, I have checked everywhere and there is one information I am still looking for.

I am working in a big company and we are thinking about using the Intel XDK to develop an Ipad app that will be used by our 1500 around field users. This app will not be sold, but used by field users as a tool at work. So my question is, are there any restrictions of using the XDK to build apps which will be used in an enterprise environment? (business use).

I understand there are no restrictions but we want to make sure not to do anything illegal.

Thank you very much in advance

Stephane

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

That's fine.  There is no restriction. You can make commercial apps, non-commercial ones, whatever you want. You can upload your apps to Google Play and the iTunes store, or not. It is entirely up to you.

Glad to hear you like the XDK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

That's fine.  There is no restriction. You can make commercial apps, non-commercial ones, whatever you want. You can upload your apps to Google Play and the iTunes store, or not. It is entirely up to you.

Glad to hear you like the XDK.

0 Kudos
Stephane_V_
Beginner
Hi! Thank you very much for your answer Regards Stephane
0 Kudos