Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK freeze ver.3088 Mac OSX

Alex_B_7
Beginner

encountered a severe bug: the whole Intel XDK froze. Not reacting to the mouse clicks or keyboard. All other programs were running fine, just the XDK. Not sure my last step was responsible for the freeze. But here are my last steps:

1. used emulator

2. changed the theme from default to cyborg.

I was not able to quit XDK. I killed XDK forcibly and restarted it. I run in in the save recovery mode.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, does it occur only when you change the theme of your application to cyborg.

0 Kudos
Alex_B_7
Beginner

I have not been able to reproduce it since. But honestly I am not changing to the them cyborg any more.

So my last steps could be completely unrelated to the freeze. I was running emulator before changing the theme. So emulator might have contributed to the freeze.

0 Kudos
Giuseppe_M_
Beginner

I had same problem on mac osx (10.11.3)

with intel xdk 3088.
It starts and hangs on on startup page.. no click it is possibile, only kill xdk process.

I tried to delete the

/Library/Application Support/XDK with no success

and re-install the xdk.

I tried also to download and install the early access version (3172) and it can't work as 3088 version.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

@Alex, what is this cyborg theme? Is it a brackets theme? Because other than that, there is no other theme called cyborg in the XDK or no other place to set it. 

@Giuseppe, we have seen that the XDK can take some time to start up on a Mac. It is something recent since the 3088 release. Maybe it is starting up and displaying the splashscreen but you quit thinking it froze. How long do you typically wait?

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

I have had the same issue switching to the emulator tab.

See my post and the response here https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/624023

It appears they want more people to report this issue as they cannot replicate it. It is interesting we are using the same version on the same platform although I am using El Capitan 10.11.4.

0 Kudos
Giuseppe_M_
Beginner

XDK was freezing on projects page. I was waiting for twenty minutes, but it was completely freeze.

After some hours, I re-try to stratup xdk and it works..

Could was a connection problems with intel xdk server?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm curious do any of you have a non-blank source directory in your project? In other words, is the field shown in the following image blank (empty) or does it have a value (such as www)?

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 7.06.35 PM.png

If so, what happens with the freezing if you restructure your app to have a www directory? See this FAQ for instructions > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#www-folder

0 Kudos
Alex_B_7
Beginner

Hi Paul,

My projects have www value in that field. That is the directory where all html giles gets stored

0 Kudos
Alex_B_7
Beginner

I don't think it is theme related. But I cannot rule it it. I think emulator is more probable "suspect".

Concerning the cyborg theme. Please see screenshot attached.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alex -- thanks for that feedback. I was hoping it was a "no www" project that was causing this. :( Would have been an easy one to workaround. So, still a mystery, we're working on it, but this is turning into a tough one to track down.

Thank you also for clarifying where the Cyborg theme is coming from! Was not thinking about App Designer...

0 Kudos