Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

XE2013 Patches

John_P_10
Beginner

I currently have XE 2013 and was waiting for a license so I can download the latest patches.  It arrived today but it was for XE2016 and when I selected older versions, it only went back to 2015.  What can I do to get those patches for XE2013?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You should have the older versions in your dropdown. I am moving this to the forum section on Downloads, Registration and Licensing for follow-up.

0 Kudos
John_P_10
Beginner

Lionel, the only option I see is the following...

Additional downloads, latest updates and prior versions.

In it, I only see 2015 as the earliest.  What location are you talking about and how do I get to it?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

John, you would log in to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/, click on Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows. (https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/download/2593/ should be a direct link once you are logged in.) Then in the "Please choose a version" dropdown you should see versions all the way back to 8.0. I have seen in the past that in some browsers, the arrows for this field don't get displayed so you have to use the up and down arrows on the keyboard to navigate, but they recently redid the design of these pages and that problem shouldn't be there anymore. Your saying you can see only back to 2015 makes me wonder if in fact that's the problem. Try clearing your browser's cache and refreshing the page.

0 Kudos
John_P_10
Beginner

I finally found out, but I noticed that the patches I needed for my existing XE2013 installs are rolled up into a new installer.  Is there any way to just get the patches as a separate install?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

No - we have never distributed updates that way. It's always a full install (replacing what you had before.)

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

John,

It appears that Steve has already answered all of your questions, do you need any additional assistance with this issue?

James.

0 Kudos
John_P_10
Beginner

So I guess the crux of my issue is related to licensing.  We had bought 5 XE2013 way back 3 years ago, the year of support passed but we did not actually use them until now.  We discovered we needed the updates and the only way to get those was to purchase another license.  I thought we could use that one to download the patches for the other  XE2013's we bought, but it does not appear to be the case since each install will require their own license (tied to the box and serial number of the product).  Can I use the serial number of the original purchase with the latest install of XE2013 SP1 Update 6 that I downloaded and not have to buy even more licenses for the products we already bought?  Also, to avoid worrying about which box we are putting this one, is there a site license that can be purchased.  I looked at the old IVF v11.0.65 that we had and the license file appeared to be a permanent unrestricted license that we were able to install with.

Sorry for the excess explanation there

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

John, let's address each concern separately.

Regarding access to patches.  First, as Steve mentioned, we don't offer patches, we simply provide a new version containing all of the updates.  Your license enables you access to any version of the software with a build date earlier than the end of your support period.  If you go to the Intel® Registration Center, you should be able to select the desired version of the product.  If your earlier license expired after the build date for XE 2013 SP 1 Update 6, then you can download and use that version with your earlier license.  If not, you will need to use the new license for it.

Regarding systems in use and license types.  Please read our FAQ at https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/licensing for information.  We do not offer a site license, but we do have floating licenses.  These allow a certain number of licenses to be in use simultaneously at your site, based on the number of seats you purchase.  Floating licenses are not locked to an individual system.  I don't see the older licenses registered to your email address, but I'm guessing that they were Named User licenses.  These are not unrestricted licenses.  They are limited to usage by the registered owner, but could be installed on any number of systems.  As of Intel® Parallel Studio 2016, we have added a limitation on the number of systems for installation.  Please see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/required-product-license-upgrade-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016 for more information regarding that change.

If you are interested in moving to a floating license, please let me know and I can put you in contact with one of our Business Development Managers to discuss options.

James.

0 Kudos
John_P_10
Beginner

So for the floating licenses, is an active internet connection required?  A number of the machines do not have one so we would need to install a site license server or something to accomplish what you are describing.

John

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

The license server remains on your site, and can be behind a firewall.  The license has to be registered and activated with our servers, but this can happen from a different machine, and you can then transfer the license file.

James.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

John,

Do you need any additional assistance with this issue?

James.

0 Kudos
John_P_10
Beginner

Sorry for the delay, but no I think I have what I need.  I have to go back to our purchasing people and get the additional licenses.  Actually, do you have a name that I can forward to them for the floating license approach since I think that is our best bet?

Thanks again

John

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Hi John,

I sent you a private message regarding that.  I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

James.

0 Kudos