Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

application size is so large

Hardik_V_
Beginner

Hello, I had worked in in intel xdk 1 year ago.. it was working fine and no any issues regarding certificates and all stuff ..

I have just downloaded a new version of intel xdk 3922 , and tried to create an android application ,it was demanding for adnroid certificate, there is no any straight forward guided path and support given into your site.

I found some helps from other websites and created a certificate and built an ap.. but it contains 25 MB size , where there is nothing in app just a simple text hello word.. , and it is not fair that it contains such a big size.. 

is there any bug with intel this version?

or I followed the wrong path to build?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Hang
New Contributor II

Hello sir!

I think you are using crosswalk to build it.

If you target only later Anroid versions ( 4.4 and above I think) You can disable Crosswalk from the build options, this will reduce the size from 25MB to 3-4MB ( That worked for me)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hardik V. wrote:

Hello, I had worked in in intel xdk 1 year ago.. it was working fine and no any issues regarding certificates and all stuff ..

I have just downloaded a new version of intel xdk 3922 , and tried to create an android application ,it was demanding for adnroid certificate, there is no any straight forward guided path and support given into your site.

Follow the red (!) link provided on the Build Tile and it will take you to the Build Settings on the Projects tab. From there you can select a certificate for building. Also, help is available under the (?) icon in the upper right.

If you have previously built apps (you mentioned one year ago) then you should have a certificate in the certificate management tool, which is accessible via the "user" icon in the upper right.

Please see the documentation here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/lp-index < for additional help.

Hardik V. wrote:

I found some helps from other websites and created a certificate and built an ap.. but it contains 25 MB size , where there is nothing in app just a simple text hello word.. , and it is not fair that it contains such a big size.. 

is there any bug with intel this version?

or I followed the wrong path to build?

As Alex mentioned, you may have Crosswalk enabled. See this doc page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/using-the-crosswalk-for-android-build-option < for help.

0 Kudos