Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

error with libiomp5md.dll

Russ_A_
Beginner

When running my Dell laptop's Webcam Central I get a DOS error screen as shown below in the attached screenshot.  It says to change an environment variable "kmp duplicate lib ok=true".  Not sure where to find this or how to change it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Such a message usually indicates that you have an application built with Intel C++ or Fortran or performance libraries, where you have linked both the ancient libguide and a more recent OpenMP library.  It would be surprising if the Dell webcam software would cause this by itself.

The advice refers to issuing the command "set kmp_duplicate_lib_ok=true" in a DOS prompt window before running an application in that window (or including it in a .bat file which produces that condition).

0 Kudos
Russ_A_
Beginner

I finally called Dell and over a period of two long phone calls over a couple of days they put the fix on it.  The final fix was they deleted a few .dll files.  Reinstalled the updated camera sortware among many other things that did not help.  Got it fixed though even though it cost me $125.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
My question is if you tried to set that environment variable? Actually, it is always done in 'Advanced System Properties' dialog available in properties of 'My Computer'.
0 Kudos
Russ_A_
Beginner

Sergey,

I did not try to set that variable because I did not know where to locate it.  Thanks for the info and I would have tried it prior to calling Dell if I knew where to locate it..  I did check it as you suggested and now it is set as TRUE.

0 Kudos