I currently have a memory leak in my extension. Using the code on GitHub when I run the test file "1.py" during debugging, the memory usage rises until it causes an error. As far as I can see I am releasing everything but obviously there is something I am missing.
Any suggestions welcomed.
(This is the first C++ I have written in a decade and the first Python extension so I my apologies for its rather lashed together appearance)
Having not done anything on this for a while I thought I'd pick it up again.
I found the memory leak issue was to do with numpy being required to be explicitly told to take ownership of the data. This, however, allows one frame to be returned and then on the next frame an access violation occurs. Tried various things but still can't get anythingworkable.
current code is at https://github.com/binraker/PyRealSense
My latest commit to the aforementioned Github repo is functional (if simple). It should allow anyone wanting to build a python application with one of these cameras to have a good starting point to do so.
I shall continue to update it as I add more features.