Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[help!!]App in iOS not function at all !!! (why ???)

Massimo_D_
Beginner

Hello everyone,
I'll try to explain my problem.

I created an app that goes to load data (file index.html or index.php) from an external source, and then according to the received data displays on the screen a set of interfaces (by iFrame and jquery).
In andorid everything works perfectly.

But when I go to build in for iOS and then try the app on a device it does not work anything.

- Buttons that do not work
- Links that do not open anything in the iframe
- Javascript not working at all
- Blocked interface on a screen (in the first page)
- In addition to all of this, I have another problem, which is that I have to uniquely identify the device, Android was with "device.uuid", but if I try in iOS for each installation attempt gives me a different code ...

They are bewildered and frustrated, I did wrong? What and how to change the code (or other) to operate interfaces?

Thanks to those who can give me a help,
Greetings,
Max

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

iOS does not support access to a unique device ID, there are several plugins you can use to generate one for your platform (see the "Unique Device ID" in the features plugins list).

The rest of what you describe sounds like issues with your CSP rules, but I'm not sure, it's hard to say, there are many things that could be causing those problems. See this doc page for details > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/using-cordova-whitelist-rules-with-intel-xdk <

0 Kudos
Massimo_D_
Beginner

Thank you for your answer,
It seems partially solved But I have another problem now (it will be the same problem or another?):
Now iframe loads pages, but scrolling does not work ...
... At least I think so ...
Because if I try to scroll with a finger the whole app scroll ...
Also if I try to emulate it all works perfectly, but once "build" makes me the effect that I described. ...
A strange performance that seems to be in a stormy sea ....
but problems can generate this effect?
Thank you,
Hello,
Max

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I recommend you search the web for a solution, this is a programming issue not an XDK issue. The XDK creates standard Cordova (aka PhoneGap) apps and does not control the behavior of the device or the webview in which your app is running. Here's a search to get you started > making an iframe scroll in ios cordova phonegap app <

0 Kudos
Massimo_D_
Beginner

Thanks for the answers,

I started looking on the internet and found that the problem has a name "cordova Preventing bounce".

A "config.xml" file in many forums is mentioned.

But I have tried this file but I could not find ...

I use Intel XDK Early Access 3172

The plugins are:

• Cordova-plugin-statusbar
  • Cordova-plugin-device
  • Cordova-plugin-network-information
  • intel.xdk.device

I have to install other plugins?

Thank you

Greetings,

Max

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Max -- if you can provide a specific reference I can tell you how to adapt the specific change to your project files. The intelxdk.config.additions.xml file is used to add directives to the config.xml file that is created by our build system. If you look at the various intelxdk.config.*.xml files you'll see that the additions.xml file is added to the end of those files.

0 Kudos
Massimo_D_
Beginner

Thanks for the answers,

I found this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22294677/phonegappreventing-bounce-only-in-the-main-window

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18799517/how-to-stop-uiwebview-bouncing-vertically-in-phonegap-3-0

i follow your answer and i insert:

<preference name="webviewbounce" value="false" />
<preference name="DisallowOverscroll" value="true" />

in intelxdk.config.additions.xml and now not bouncing.... but the scroll not do... >:( .... ok, now i will search in internet!

Thanks for your help,

Max

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Max -- sounds like your headed in the right direction. This additions.xml file includes a pretty complete list of the standard Cordova config.xml options that can be set in that file > https://github.com/gomobile/sample-hello-cordova/blob/master/intelxdk.config.additions.xml <

0 Kudos
Massimo_D_
Beginner

Thanks Paul,
I'm looking at, the problem is now the following:

In the version of Android I had created a left rectractable menu (side bar) and a graphic button on the header to open and close but now that button does not work, I think it's a problem of javascript (bootstrap) but because work on android and ios not?

The left menu retractable, contains a div where by javascript is loaded from an external html file located on a server.
Inside this file there are no links to the pages href, but by any fictional tag there are the addresses to which each corresponds voice.
A javascript function decode this tag and set the iframe src tag ....

In android everything it works properly, while in ios the graphic button not opens the menu ...
Also the menu is loaded correctly but if I open it with the scrolling finger and try to click an item the javascript does not work ....

I'm trying to search the internet and in the forum if someone has already had my problem, but it seems not ....

Thank you,
Max

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

I use Intel XDK Early Access 3172

You should update your Intel XDK to the latest version. The Early Access edition has been superseded by the regular Intel XDK.

--Jerroyd

0 Kudos
Massimo_D_
Beginner

Thanks Jerroyd,

In my computer there was already a version of Intel XDK, which worked with Windows 7, but with the system upgrade to Windows 10 is no longer in operation, show to me a mask that tells me that intel XDK has crashed, and if I restart with safe mode it enters in a loop.

For this reason I switched to intel XDK Early Access.

Thank you,
Greetings,
Max

0 Kudos