Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iOS build fails without error

Ed_T_
Beginner

Folks,

I'm working with ver 3400 of the XDK on a Win 7 machine. When I try to build an iOS version of my app I get the red BUILD FAILED bar, but I also get a green check mark that says everything is fine.

When I go to look at the info button I get a popup that shows a list but no errors.

There is not a link to a full log.on the popup either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Can you provide a sample app that causes this? It would help to debug the issue. If you've got a project you can share to help, please ZIP the ENTIRE project folder and then attach it to this thread (see the "Attach Files to Post" link at the bottom of the edit window).

0 Kudos
Ed_T_
Beginner

Paul,

Happy to, especially since you're working on Sunday!

This app is in the Google Play store. Just search for Forgotten Coast QR Code if you want to see it work.

I find this kind of ironic since I had a similar problem a couple of months ago with android! <grin>

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ed -- the problem is you are providing a .CER file for your provisioning file, you need to provide a .MOBILEPROVISION file. The fact that the build provides no feedback is definitely a problem, but the issue can be easily fixed by referencing the appropriate mobile provisioning file.

0 Kudos
Ed_T_
Beginner

> provide a .MOBILEPROVISION file.

Paul,

Dang!  I hate being a newb!

I shall RTFM and figure out how to provide that type of a cert so as not to bother y'all on this one again.

I'm having a lot of fun with the XDK. Wish I was better at js, but this is a heckuva nice hunk of software.

Thanks!

Ed

0 Kudos
Ed_T_
Beginner

Paul,

Got it to give me a successful build!

Thanks for your help!

Ed

0 Kudos