Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

intel xdk 3900 cant create projects

Ridwaan_L_
Beginner

Hello,

When trying to create a project with intel xdk

I am using the latest version 3900

I get the below error (I have also attached an image)

Unexpected call to process.exit()

• unknown
You can cancel plugin resolution and exit this project.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Can you provide more details, I am unable to reproduce the issue. For example, screenshots showing what you are doing, which template are starting from, which options are you selecting, etc.

0 Kudos
Ridwaan_L_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Can you provide more details, I am unable to reproduce the issue. For example, screenshots showing what you are doing, which template are starting from, which options are you selecting, etc.

@Paul F Thank you for the reply

Please find attached screen shots of process I am following

The problem only started after updateing to version 3900 of xdk

As for templates I tried it with html templates as well as a blank HTML + cordova project

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thank you for those details. I was not able to completely reproduce the issue, but I did find that it took an unusually long period of time to do the install on Windows (on Mac it was relatively fast). I suspect that what is happening is you have a slow network connection and the process that is trying to pullin the plugins for the template is timing out. With a faster connection you probably would see what I saw, an unusually long time to initialize the project, but not so long that it resulted in a timeout.

Are you able to try this from another network that might provide a faster connection, as a way of testing this theory?

0 Kudos
Ridwaan_L_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Thank you for those details. I was not able to completely reproduce the issue, but I did find that it took an unusually long period of time to do the install on Windows (on Mac it was relatively fast). I suspect that what is happening is you have a slow network connection and the process that is trying to pullin the plugins for the template is timing out. With a faster connection you probably would see what I saw, an unusually long time to initialize the project, but not so long that it resulted in a timeout.

Are you able to try this from another network that might provide a faster connection, as a way of testing this theory?

Thank u Paul

I have fixed it by re-intsalling the xdk thank u for the assist

0 Kudos