Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

live updating

ganpat__naveen
Beginner

Hi,

I am using XDK for a course at EDX. The course videos show  that the browser is updating live. However, this feature is not working for me. I have to save my work in XDK and then press F5 in the browser for it to be updated. 

The second point is that when I press the "Live Preview" button the default browser opening is the Edge browser. How can change this to Chrome browser?

Thanks,

Naveen

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Please use Brackets for the EDX course.

0 Kudos
ganpat__naveen
Beginner

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your quick response. I have been able to download and install Brackets. When using Brackets I am able to make live changes. However, I wanted to use XDK. My problem with XKD not updating live is still not solved. It says :not live updating due to syntax error.

What error does it refer to?

thanks,

Naveen

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm sorry, but the live layout feature in the XDK has been retired and is no longer supported. Please see the release notes > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/release-notes-information-intel-xdk < It is based directly on the Brackets feature, thus the reason we recommend that you use Brackets for this feature and not the XDK.

0 Kudos
ganpat__naveen
Beginner

Dear Paul,

Thanks again for your quick response. This is really appreciated. 

This is a strange situation. I have bee able to install Brackets. However, it is not live updating. I would have to press Ctrl-S every time I want to update my page. I know it is a detail but if you help me out here it would be finished.

thanks,

Naveen

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

For help with Brackets, I recommend you visit the Brackets site and StackOverflow. You'll find much more useful information there for Brackets. It may be that this is how it is designed, or that you have to use a specific browser to make it work well.

0 Kudos