Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_L_3
Novice
161 Views

net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Jump to solution

I really don't think this is a duplicate question.  I've searched with google/bing and searched the forums.  Closest I could find was from two years ago and supposedly the XDK bugs were fixed for those instances.

Here's the error I'm getting:
Screenshot_XDK_Error.png

It seems to be saying the file isn't found and needs to be 'somewhere', but I don't know how to get the file there or if maybe some setting or config file entry is missing or incorrect.

I'm getting this error on my Android phone when I run using the Intel XDK App Preview and when I do a regular build and then install the APK.

The line of code that I THINK is causing the issue is the bolded/italicized one below:

       <script>
            $("#at_login").click(function(){
                var newLocation = 'search.html';
                var emulated = window.parent && window.parent.ripple;
                if (emulated)
                    newLocation=newLocation; //I tried it with and without -->  //getWebRoot() + 
                window.location = newLocation; // <-- causing the issue
            });
            function getWebRoot() {
                "use strict" ;
                var path = window.location.href ;
                path = path.substring( 0, path.lastIndexOf('/') ) ;
                path += '/';
                return path;
            }
        </script>

search.html definitely exists in the project file/folder structure.

System setup: Win7 and XDK 3357
Project type: HTML5+Cordova
Started from: XDK-app-designer

This just a 'learn-it' project so I don't mind sharing my stupidity with the rest of the world:
505736

Thanks for any help you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tim_L_3
Novice
161 Views

Argh... you have got to be kidding me.  I just figured it out.

I haven't seen this kind of case-sensitivity since my php days.

The search.html file had a capital 'S' (Search.html).  I changed the javascript to blahblah = 'Search.html' and that fixed it.

I don't mind the case sensitivity, but was just surprised.

Ah well.  Hopefully this post-of-stupidity will help someone else. :)

 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Tim_L_3
Novice
162 Views

Argh... you have got to be kidding me.  I just figured it out.

I haven't seen this kind of case-sensitivity since my php days.

The search.html file had a capital 'S' (Search.html).  I changed the javascript to blahblah = 'Search.html' and that fixed it.

I don't mind the case sensitivity, but was just surprised.

Ah well.  Hopefully this post-of-stupidity will help someone else. :)

 

View solution in original post

Reply