Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

parallel analyser not working on memory errors in the commented code

coolsandyforyou
Beginner
hi,

I think my parallel studio failed to work on detecting some memory error (found in memory checker) occured in the commented lines of the code(which it was not supposed to analyse),while visual studio successfully debugs my code(which is obvious as any compiler will not compile commented code). May be i am wrong..but those memory errors which i see are from the commented code.i think it needs to be fixed in that aspect....
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
The Parallel Inspector's memory checking function does NOT analyze source code, so there is no way it would have analyzed code commented out. Perhaps you commented it out and did not recompile?

Parallel Inspector's memory checking inserts checks into the binary code for every instruction that accesses memory. Only code that is executed is checked.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - coolsandyforyou
hi,

I think my parallel studio failed to work on detecting some memory error (found in memory checker) occured in the commented lines of the code(which it was not supposed to analyse),while visual studio successfully debugs my code(which is obvious as any compiler will not compile commented code). May be i am wrong..but those memory errors which i see are from the commented code.i think it needs to be fixed in that aspect....
I'm really curious, how VS could debug commented code..
0 Kudos
Jayant_D_Intel
Employee

One thought: did you compile in debug mode with no optimizations /Od and with symbols turned on? If you run on optimized code, the line numbers might point to the wrong code locations.

0 Kudos