Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

profiling an application executed with micnativeloadex

Ricardo_F_1
Beginner

hi,

I have access to a remote Linux server with an Intel Phi where i run experiments with my application using micnativeloadex, since i do not have root access to the phi.

How can I profile this application with vtune?

All information I found so far was for binaries copied to the phi. I can't do that since i can't ssh into it. I can ask the admin to run some commands if needed but that's about it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sumedh_N_Intel
Employee

Ricardo,

The system admin should be able to set up a userid for you on the coprocessor. Once you have a userid on the coprocessor on the system, you should be able to transfer files and ssh to the coprocessor without root access.

Anyways, to answer your question: VTune treats micnativeloadex like a offload application and hence you can profile your application using the following command:

amplxe-cl -c advanced-hotspots -target-system=mic-host-launch -- micnativeloadex ./a.out

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sumedh_N_Intel
Employee

Ricardo,

The system admin should be able to set up a userid for you on the coprocessor. Once you have a userid on the coprocessor on the system, you should be able to transfer files and ssh to the coprocessor without root access.

Anyways, to answer your question: VTune treats micnativeloadex like a offload application and hence you can profile your application using the following command:

amplxe-cl -c advanced-hotspots -target-system=mic-host-launch -- micnativeloadex ./a.out

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos