Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

project file upload error in intelxdk 3400 version

Muneer_B_
Beginner

HI,

I'm trying to build my project but unfortunetly I can't do that because the software refuse to upload my project files and gives this error

ERROR (-9) from "client:upload-manager": Error in uploading project files: : Http request failed Error at new ComponentError (D:\Users\Moneer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///D:/Users/Moneer/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///D:/Users/Moneer/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///D:/Users/Moneer/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:10229 at _rejected (D:\Users\Moneer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\q\q.js:844:24) at D:\Users\Moneer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\q\q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (D:\Users\Moneer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\q\q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (D:\Users\Moneer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\q\q.js:788:41) at D:\Users\Moneer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\q\q.js:604:44 at runSingle (D:\Users\Moneer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\node_modules\q\q.js:137:13)

Also the same problem when I try to test the software and pushing the project files to the server it gives me this error

Error uploading sources: Error in uploading project files: : Error in uploading project files: : Error in uploading project files: : read ECONNRESET

Please Any one ca help me urgently.

Thanks

Moneer

0 Kudos
26 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you still experiencing this issue? Did you try rebooting your machine and restarting the XDK?

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner

Yes, I'm still, I even installed it in different windows OS, but the problem the same.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

What version of Windows are you trying to install onto? The XDK only supports Windows 7 and above. If you are using Windows XP it will not work.

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner

I installed it in windows 7 and windows 8, I'm not using windows xp.

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner

hello guys, I'm still facing the problem, Please let me know is it a bug in the version 3400, or what, I need  a solution.

Or as  an alternative can I upload my project manually, then let the IntelXDK use it to build the App?

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It's definitely not a bug in 3400, we have many, many thousands of installs on Windows machines (they represent about 80% of the installs) that are all working, on many different versions of Windows. Are you installing on a work machine or on a home machine? Perhaps you have anti-virus software that is interfering or some company group policy items that are interfering with the install?

There is no alternative method available for building against our cloud-server, must go through the XDK.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This smells like you might have a login problem. Are you logging into the XDK with the same credentials as you are using for this forum? Can you login to this site > appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/csd/controlpanel.aspx < with your XDK login credentials? What happens if you try to create a new account and login using that?

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

For what it's worth, I see your last account activity was 8/2, your legacy cert was converted on 8/1, and your last built app on our system is on 8/1.

When did you start experiencing the build issue, and does it happen every time with every project? Try building the sample called Hello Cordova.

Pamela

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner

Paul F. 

I'm working from my home and i disabled the antivirus but still the same problem. And yes I can login to my account and to the https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com. and I have created another account and I'm still getting the same problem.

Pamela H. 

Yes I agree with you , but the build is not successful because it fails and gives me the error I send in my post.

I was having 29xx version then I upgraded to version 3400, because the old version can't access build and test section any more.

I tried a new  cordova project, without adding any additional code but the uploading still fail.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Muneer -- are you using 3400 or 3491? If you are using 3400, please download and install 3491 and report your results with that version.

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner

Ok I will download that, I'm currently using 3400.

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner

Hi, guys,

I downloaded and installed the version 3491, the problem still there.

Do you think because I have slow internet connection, this happen? 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Muneer -- please create a test app using the "hello cordova" demo app and try to build that. If that works, there may be something wrong with your project files. If that fails, then it is likely some sort of system or network problem.

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner

Unfortunately, it is fail too.

actually it is not a system problem, because I installed it in two windows systems , one windows 7 and the second is windows 8.

What do you think is the problem if it is a network.

I think maybe I'm blocked, How to know if I'm blocked either by your server, or your server blocked by our Internet provider?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

See this list of URLs that must work, perhaps you have a firewall or proxy server that is getting in the way?

Are you doing this from a work network or from your home network? Many work networks have proxy servers or firewalls that can get in the way. We attempt to auto-detect these situations but are not able to detect all of them. Have you tried this from your home network using a non-work machine?

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner

I'm using a home network and using a non-work machine

all links I can access specially the appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com (for communication with the build servers), I put the link in my browser and i get this

Thank you for using the Intel® XDK.

If you are accessing this service from AppPreview, you may close the sign in window.

I don't know what else to make this work for me. :(

all links are ok, and I can access them from the browser, I'm not blocked.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Did you allow the XDK to install to it's default location? Is your project located on your local disk in a folder that's located in your userid? Not, for example, on a remote network drive or in a dropbox, etc.

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner
I installed it in D:but default folders as stated by the location dialgbox I changed only the drive from C to D, my OS in C:, Regarding my project it is yes in my local drive in a folder located in my userid. This is the same as what I do in 29xx version and it was working fine before you stop it from accessing test and build sections.
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The default install location is inside %LocalAppData% -- which is inside your user path. For example, if you open a command prompt and type:

> cd %LocalAppData%

it will take you to something like: C:\Users\<my-userid>\AppData\Local and inside that you should see a folder named Intel which contains an XDK folder, which is the binary installation. It is installed that way because it gets rid of some permission problems that occur when installed in other locations. This is the way that Chrome is installed on your system, as well (for example, if you have Chrome installed you'll also see a "Google" folder which contains a "Chrome" folder).

I recommend you uninstall 3491 and reinstall it without changing the default install location.

0 Kudos
Muneer_B_
Beginner

HI,

I did as you said, uninstalled it, and then installed it in default path, same problem.

But when I select run as administrator, the upload succeed only one time, then it  return continuously refused, even if I stop the InteXDK and restart it again.

0 Kudos