Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

"Invalid Serial Number" on transferred "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Windows"

Gabriel_M_2
Beginner

I posted here for help a few months ago and gave up back then, since I had other things I needed to do for work. Now I do really need to be able to use the Intel MKL, so I am back requesting assistance.

Looking at my product information, my service support expired on December 09, 2015, meaning that I should be able to install and run anything released before then that I have a license for. I've tried to install Parallel Studio XE 2013 and 2016 update 1, and both tell me I have an invalid license, even though I just got an automated email from Intel today with the license file for Parallel Studio (I forget exactly how I triggered the email, but I did receive it today, and the file matches the old license files I have since I last was trying to figure this out earlier this year). I am unable to activate online, most likely due to the corporate firewall blocking all unauthorized outbound ports.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Light_Intel

Thank you for contacting Intel Support.

Although you have had active support until December 9, 2015 which should entitle you to 2016 Update 1. Your current SN does not support the 2016 product, as changes we made require a product upgrade. If you want to go that route and trigger the product upgrade please see: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/required-product-license-upgrade-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016

If you don't wish to upgrade your product you can install any previous version of the compiler up to 2015 Update 6. If you are behind a fire wall use alternative activation and point to the license file.

If you still see issues please do the following:
- Take a screenshot of the of the error
- Get the installation log. See: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/where-can-i-find-the-installation-log-files

Send me a private message and attach both the screenshot and the installation log to the message.

Regards,

Noga
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Gabriel_M_2
Beginner

Hi Noga,

I do not mind updating to the 2016 Update 1 version, but to do so seemingly, as you've said, I need an updated license. I followed the steps (or tried to) in https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/required-product-license-upgrade-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016, but at "Clicking the latest update in the Download Latest Update column will lead you to the product upgrade page" it simply led me to a download page when I selected the version 2016 Update 1-- there was no prompt given to try to upgrade the license. No such prompt appeared when I pressed the link/button to start the download either.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Gabriel_M_2
Beginner

Just for the public record, my issue has been resolved. I am unsure what caused it, but following the online steps to upgrade my license for the 2016 Update 1 version was not working. Intel did something in the background that was able to upgrade my license for me, and it appears to be working now. If something else breaks I'll report back. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue had been resolved as indicated above. If you have similar issues please start a new thread.

Noga

0 Kudos