Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

" special letters"

Pollkua
Beginner

I am brand-new in XDK and i would like to write the letters: ç and Ç...

I use a german keyboard with Windows and usually for Ç,  I use Alt128 and for ç Alt135.. But in XDK, these combinations do not work!!

Does anyone could help me? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm assuming you are referring to using those letters for folders in your project or for project names? Restrictions on those elements are standard Cordova restrictions, trying to use them may result in problems with PhoneGap Build or Cordova CLI. Using those letters within your application should not be an issue, but using them to name files, folders and projects can cause problems.

0 Kudos
Pollkua
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the answer... No it's not for a project name, a folder name or a file name, it's only in an normal HTML text, for instance in a <p> ......</p> paragraph.

In the XDK Develop, as these letters are not on my keyboard, I don't know how to write them.... The standard method, typing the Alt+128 or (135), Extended ASCII Character, does not work in the XDK Editor. Develop screen..

I do not use Cordova... I am just writing my first web page (in French).. Thanks for help!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Pollkua -- the XDK is not a good tool for creating web pages. For that I would use the Brackets editor directly, which you can download here > http://brackets.io/ < it's the same editor that's in the XDK, but more recent and includes the ability to show your pages in a browser, directly.

0 Kudos
Pollkua
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the advice, I will try Brackets.

I used XDK because I enrolled in the W3Cx course (HTML5 and CSS Fundamentals) and they use and recommand (among others) XDK for the exercises.. Thanks again!!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Brackets will work nicely for that course.

0 Kudos