Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddy_Carpenter
Beginner

transfering product to another PC

I have installed Fortran Compiler on someones PC and now they are getting a better PC and I need put the product on the new PC. Is there anything special I need to do for that? Will it allow me to use the serial number again? What should I do when it tells me the product has already been registered or used? Thank you for your time.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,
You certainly can do that. Our single user licenses are intended to be used by a single person on any number of machines (But I guess it is one at a time. I can confirm this).

You do not need anything special. You just need to logon to the Intel Registration Center: https://registrationcenter.intel.com and then you should see you product subscription history. You can now select your Fortran Compiler product and then download the same to the new pc (this step is not necessary if you already have the product from the old computer system in which case you can simply copy the product from the old machine).

After downloading the product, you can install it as you normally would. When it asks for a license, simply provide the serial number (Note: Your machine needs to be connected to the Internet in this case) and it should take it.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks,
Krishna