Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

when restarted XDK gone all Apps I had... how recover Apps...?

Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

My XDK crashed during testing of server down by make jQ ajax request to non-existed url... 

when restarted XDK gone all Apps I had... how recover these Apps...?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

well , can recover??? also I backup whole PC prior one month,.. can recover apps???

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Leonidas,

Just to clarify, XDK crashed and when you reopened XDK all your apps were gone from the menu?

If this is the case, you should still be able to re-upload those apps by:

1. Go to Projects tab in upper left corner
  2. Click on Open An Intel XDK Project (bottom left corner)
  3. Navigate to the folder in which you've saved all of your apps and click on the .xdk file for that project
  4. Repeat for all apps

It may be a bit tedious but if you've saved them onto your computer they are still recoverable.

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

OK but if have backup copy of hdd can recover an xdk "system" file and All apps get recovered?

note : some apps Not remember their location in hdd...differ from default location.

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

I (went) upgrade xdk but now when open says 

"Cannot Extract Package, ... "   see screenshot attached...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Leonidas -- try downloading the installer directly from http://xdk.intel.com and running that, instead. Remember to exit the XDK before attempting to run the installer. Let me know if that fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

soon to do

About the recovery of Apps -- may forgotten where are in disk, so can recovered by substitute a xdk system file... i have whole hdd backup from September 2016....?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Leonidas -- search for files named *.xdk to find your old projects. For example, on Windows:

> dir /s *.xdk

and on Mac or Linux:

$ find / -name *.xdk

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

you mean there is no file xdk (to copy from backup) for projects be like was(all recovered at once)?

where projects saved in xdk?

about Android & iOS certs saved when login in intel account?

0 Kudos
Leonidas_S_
New Contributor I

needed reinstall first?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The XDK does not "save" your projects anywhere, it simply references the projects as folders on your hard drive, we do not manage where you locate your projects or how you back them up. Those projects that are pushed for a build or for use with the Test tab contain only the source of your project, not the XDK file, and are stored only temporarily on the build system. If you have a copy of your built app (for example, the APK file) you can open that to get the same sources, it is a ZIP file and can be unzipped on your hard drive.

Reinstalling the XDK has no impact on the location or state of your projects. As indicated above, the XDK just references folders on your hard disk, it does not store or manage your projects, that is your responsibility.

0 Kudos