Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

which mac address to generate licence file for psxe2016?

kgore4
Beginner

Hi Everyone,

I've got a system (ubuntu 14.04, e5-2630v3) with 4 nic's so I just chose one and that doesn't seem to work.  So which one should I be choosing?

it says on https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-find-the-host-id-for-the-named-user-license

"Other network adapters present in your system can also have an associated 12-character physical or hardware address; however, use the Ethernet connection address as the primary address reference where a single address is needed to generate the named-user license. In situations that require you provide all addresses for all network adapters, refer to the information below for help identifying all physical or hardware addresses."

Poorly worded, but is that trying to tell me that I need all 4 mac addresses?

(I've done the things from the faq about license not valid messages)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi there,

That's correct.  You need all four MAC addresses.  When you generate a license file on https://registrationcenter.intel.com/, please fill these MAC addr (in this format: mac-addr-1 mac-addr-2 mac-addr-3 mac-addr-4) into the editbox.  Please send me your MAC addresses & serial number via private message, in case that you have difficulties in generating license file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
kgore4
Beginner

Is there any way that would actually work?  The regex validator on the input box prevents anything but hex digits, colon and dash from appearing in the string and nothing but white space after then end of the 6th pair of hex digits.  So there's no way of entering more than 1 mac address.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Sorry.  There is a typo in my previous post.  The format should be "mac-addr-1 mac-addr2 mac-addr3 mac-addr4" (without quotes).  Use white space to concatenate multiple addresses.

0 Kudos
kgore4
Beginner

Whitespace didn't work for me either.  As soon as I start typing the second mac after a space, it goes to invalid and stays invalid when I complete the 2nd one.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

That's sad.  No worry.  I added these two MAC addr for you. A new license file has been sent to your email box.

0 Kudos
kgore4
Beginner

While my updated compiler is now functional, I think the registration site should be fixed so that it works properly. 

And the wording in that section I quoted in the original post needs to be cleaned up.  Perhaps something like

"Other network adapters present in your system can also have an associated 12-character physical or hardware address. If multiple adapters are present, then all hardware addresses need to be listed (separated by white space).  Refer to the information below for help identifying all physical or hardware addresses."

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

You suggestion is appreciated but it is not quite accurate. You don't need the complete list of all the adapters on your system for the license file to work. We do recommend that if you activate manually to use the host id of the Ethernet Adapter as it tends to be reliably around. Other adapters, such as Wi-Fi maybe there present or not. As long as we are able to match one of your mac addresses all is well.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos