Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

xdk_web_win_master_2170 installation failed

m_s_1
Beginner

hi everyone 

I had XDK 1995 so I tried to install XDK 2170 to avoid update alerts.

I did not uninstall the previous version because I thought I can install it over the last version.

I received the following errors (I have attached screen shots)

Rolling back failed components

Rollback component 3 of 3: Node-Webkit

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK

and then:

Intel XDKSetup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).

failed_to_extract_ archive

failed_to_open_archive

things I have done so far:

- first time I downloaded the xdk_web_win_master_2170.exe through my android phone I thought my phone have not downloaded properly so I tried to download it again through mobile download manager. didn't work  again.

- I had installed node.js I removed it. I guess he was innocent because after that I got the same error mentioned above.

- Manually I removed manually all registry keys contained XDK, and removed all folders of XDK because I could not uninstall the older version.

- to install version 1995 also I had problems. we installed it on admin but I could not run it properly under my own user.

Update (Solved)

right now while writing this post I ran the installation wizard and it could install successfully. this time I did right click on the xdk_web_win_master_2170.exe and Run as Administrator.

for all you who may experience the same problem enjoy ;)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Interesting, should not require admin to install, since it installs only into user directories (we do not install into the program files directories).

0 Kudos
m_s_1
Beginner

I guess our company should have set complicated  admin and user rules!

0 Kudos
Edward_C_
Beginner

I have the same problems with uninstalling/installing the XDK. Same messages. Accidentally downloaded a new XDK, the old one worked fine but I kept getting annoying messages to update. Now nothing works and obviously this has happened to others. The admin trick didn't work for me. Sad that no on at Intel takes this seriously just a comment about how "interesting" the problem is. Someone should be fired for this.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Edward, we take product issues seriously, unfortunately, we're only able to make progress on solving problems where there is sufficient information to reproduce the issue. I've never encountered a situation where admin is required to install the product, since everything is installed only into user directories, and I haven't a clue as to how to reproduce the issue. It uses a technique similar to Chrome installs. Are you able to install Chrome on your system?

I have seen where Chrome insists on an Admin install if you're installing on a Windows server. Are you installing onto a Windows server? Are you installing onto a Windows XP machine? XP is not supported. Can you provide some salient details about your situation that might help us solve the problem?

0 Kudos