Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

xeon phi 7120p cannot be recognized by the motherboard

zvols
Beginner

The xeon phi 7120p cannot be recognized by the motherboard, the blue led light keeps blinking, and unknown devices are not displayed in the windows10 device manager 4G address mapping has been enabled in the bios. I have switched in both the first and second pcie16x slots, but I can't solve it. My motherboard is S2400GP, CPU is 2 2450L, memory is 2 Samsung RECC DDR3 1600 16G, please help me, thank you.

Is there an easy way to judge whether this xeon phi card is good or bad. I bought this card from a second-hand dealer.

I also failed to recognize the pcie1x extension cable on another x99 motherboard because the 7120p is too long to fit into the chassis.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JJK
New Contributor III

my advice is to boot the system into Linux (download a Fedora live CD and write it to a USB stick then boot off it) and then run a few diagnostics, like whether Linux can see the PCI card in the first place. If it cannot, then either the card gets too hot straight when the system starts or the card itself is dead.

If you *can* see it in Linux then the step after that is to get Windows to recognize it - you will need to install the right MPSS 3.8.6 driver software for that.

0 Kudos
Cavazos__Andres
Beginner

Has anyone successfully run one of these cards on a Mac Pro 5,1? I installed CentOS7 and tried my very noob best to get it up and running, in particular using several resources, but CentOS never recognized the card. I have the KNC 7S1P. I do wonder if both the 8 Pin and the 6 Pin are required for the card to work, because I did see a video where a server sled had one of these put in with both power connectors put in. Is that a requirement?

0 Kudos