Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Beim Funktionsupdate auf win 10 1809 (WIN 64 bit, Fujitsu Celsius M730) erhalte ich laufend die Meldung "Intel C600 Series chipset SAS RAID (SATA mode) - Dieses Gerät ist nicht mit WIN 10 kompatibel. Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie beim Hersteller."

WKohl1
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for your reply, We understand that you will not like to reinstall your OS and backup your information and applications just to test if a Windows* update will fix your issue. Besides reinstalling your OS and trying your original equipment manufacturer drivers there are not more recommendations that we can provide you at the moment. Regarding if Microsoft has a workaround for the issue you are experiencing we advise you to contact the Microsoft* community or Fujitsu one more time. As per your consent, this case is now close if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your FUJITSU Workstation CELSIUS M730. If we infer correctly, please take into consideration the information below: • As mentioned by the error on your PC we advise you to contact your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in your case Fujitsu* in order to get the latest version of the drivers. • The drivers available on our website are generic and it may or may not work for your system. This been said feel free to visit https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ and to try to update your drivers to the latest version available. In order to further assist you we will like to know the SAS RAID (SATA mode) solution that you are currently using on your system. We will be looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
WKohl1
Beginner

Hello Josh,

the SAS RAID solution on my PC:

Intel (R) c600 series chipset SAS RAID (SATA mode): version 4.6.0.1080, Date: February 17, 2017

My system reports the solution as up to date; as far as I know this series is not compatible with WIN 10 (64 bit), although I did not have any problems updating my system to WIN 1803 in spring.

What do you recommend? Does intel provide a solution?

Thanks, Werner

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for your reply. As mentioned before, we advise you to contact your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in your case Fujitsu* in order to get the latest version of the drivers. Another option is to try to use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html?iid=dc_iduu About Intel® software and drivers: The driver or software for your Intel component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations. Our question regarding your configuration is to check which Intel® solution you have set up, for example; Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) or Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (Intel® RSTe). It seems to be Intel® RSTe and the latest generic driver can be found on the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28016/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-enterprise-Intel-RSTe-AHCI-and-SCU-Software-RAID-Driver-for-Windows- One more time take into consideration that this may or may not work with your system and we advise you to contact Fujitsu* in order to get drivers and support for your system. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
WKohl1
Beginner

Hello Josh,

thanks for contacting me again. Your further assistance would be of great value. I'm going to follow your advice and contact Fujitsu; I haven't found anything that sounds reasonable on their homepage so far; Fuji Desk Update Tool as well as your intel DSA both tell me that there are no new drivers available and that my system is up to date 😢

Please keep me informed if you can offer a good piece of advice for a desperate user.

All the best for 2019!

Werner

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for your reply. In case that you are not able to solve your issue by contacting your OEM or installing the latest versions of the drivers provided on your OEM website, as the last resort, you can try to back up your information and to reinstall your OS. We will be looking forward to your reply sharing the results of this troubleshooting. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
WKohl1
Beginner

Thank you for contacting me again,

following your advice, I've contacted OEM Fujitsu; the only two things they could offer were:

>installing a set of drivers, dating back to 2016 - it did not work.

>installing the OS again and then trying to install 1809-Update (not being sure if it would work)

I am afraid, they're no longer interested in supporting a five-year-old system; they'd rather sell something new.

Who should I blame? Fujitsu or Microsoft? Both?

At present I'm afraid you cannot be of any further help - but if intel has got any solution concerning my C600 series chipset drivers, any new drivers, any workaround - please let me know at once.

I'm conviced that any further MS-WIN 10-updates won't work, as long as I've not installed the 1809-update 😉

Thank you for your support; maybe you can provide any help in the next few weeks.

Werner Kohl

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for your reply. In order to try to further assist you, we will need more information about your current configuration. Would you mind to provide us with the following information? • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the error. We advise you to try the recommendations provided by your OEM and let us know the results. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
WKohl1
Beginner

Hello Josh B..

thank you for your reply.

Here is the information concerning my system and my configuration:

> SSU logs

>The screenshot of the error.

Thank you for any help and best regards,

Werner Kohl

0 Kudos
WKohl1
Beginner

Hello Josh B.,

I'm not sure if my screenshot has disappeared or not 😉

I've attached it again.

I've contacted OEM Fujitsu; the only two things they could offer were:

>They asked me to install a set of drivers, dating back to 2016 - it did not work; same error: intel C600 series chipset ....... (see screenshot)

>installing the OS again and then trying to install 1809-Update (not being sure if it would work).

Best regards,

Werner

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for your reply. We reviewed the information you provided and based on the logs you shared with us we noticed the following: • Your system BIOS is set up in legacy mode. • Your OS is reporting to be OS Name: "Microsoft Windows 10 Pro", Version: "10.0.17134 Build 17134” This been said our advice is to back up your information, change your BIOS settings to UEFI mode(if possible) and reinstall your OS and to update your system to the 1809 version as recommended by your OEM. If you have future questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you in any way we can. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
0 Kudos
WKohl1
Beginner

Hello Josh B,

as intel obviously no longer supports the c600 series chipset SAS RAID I'm afraid there is no chance for me to install the 1809 version of WIN 10.

As far as I know I won't be able to install any further versions like 2019 spring/ autumn.....versions.

I'm definitely not goingto reinstall the whole system, upgrading to 1809 and then reinstall about 100 apps, not knowing if the system then works (based on six-year-old hardware and the old c600 series chipsets etc.)

Does intel provide any workaround in my case? Do you know if Microsoft provides any solutions (or is at least working towards it)?

Otherwise you may close my case. Thank you for all your kind support. Maybe I'll buy a new workstation (definitely no Fujitsu!!)😀

Best regards, WKohl1

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello WKohl1, Thank you for your reply, We understand that you will not like to reinstall your OS and backup your information and applications just to test if a Windows* update will fix your issue. Besides reinstalling your OS and trying your original equipment manufacturer drivers there are not more recommendations that we can provide you at the moment. Regarding if Microsoft has a workaround for the issue you are experiencing we advise you to contact the Microsoft* community or Fujitsu one more time. As per your consent, this case is now close if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos