Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Can't intall RST v17.8.0.1065 over v17.7.0.1006

JMatt25
Beginner

Hi,

I tried to install the new version of RST (v17.8.0.1065) and the program gives me an error and says my platform it's not compatible.

I already have v17.7.0.1006 installed, and in the Readme files it states my laptop it's indeed compatible with this new version...

I have a MSI GS73VR-7RF with an HM175 chipset and a 7th Gen Core i7 7700HQ.

And i'm using Windows 10 1909 x64 (18363.592) fully updated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JMatt25, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, we actually recommend to install the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology version validated by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in MSI's web site and the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology version available in there is 15.9.0.1015, that is the proper version for your platform:

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GS73VR-7RF-Stealth-Pro#down-driver&Win10%2064

The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology version 17.8.0.1065 is a generic version, which means it might or might not work with your system, in some cases, you can install it but it will not work at full capabilities.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JMatt25, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JMatt25
Beginner

I'm sorry, but i find that a very generic answer.

I won't download that version due to bugs found at that time. MSI was unable to answer and to help me, which more recent versions of this program fixed the issue.

Unless your willing to do a simple edit on your program to simple add this chipset supported again, no i don't need any further "assistance".

Regards.

0 Kudos