Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Cannot Create RAID volume using Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management software

PhilipG
Novice

HI,

I have 2 x Toshiba 4TB drives, BIOS is set to UEFI  and SATA mode is set to AHCI O/S is Windows 10 Pro. Windows Disk Management can see both disks Disk 1 having data on it and Disk 2 being marked as Unallocated. Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management sees both disks yet the "Create RAID Volume" 

Before I installed Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management software, I had Intel Rapid Storage Technology software installed and there was not even an option for "Create RAID Volume"

I have created volumes using this setup in the past, but IK cannot now.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

Philip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I just caught that you said SATA Mode is set to AHCI. SATA Mode *must* be set to RAID (or Optane) before you start. Unless set to RAID (or Optane), the RST firmware will not be running.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, PhilipG.

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

Based on the information you provided, we understand that you are trying to use the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management to create a RAID array on your PC, on AHCI mode. If we inferred correctly, please provide us with the following information:

• We would like to know if you have an Optane memory installed on your system?

• A screenshot of the “Disk Management” showing all the storage devices. To access the disk manager, you can choose from the following two ways:

# 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu.

o Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management.

# 2: Access Disk Management via Run.

o Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box, and tap OK.

• We would appreciate it if you can provide us with the system details by extracting the SSU logs.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ (for Windows*) and to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ (for Linux) download the software.

2- When you finish downloading it, open it.

3- Attach the file generated by the tool in your reply.

We will follow up with you again on Thursday, the 1st of July 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let us know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

PhilipG
Novice

Hi,

Many  thanks, it has been resolved by changing AHCI to RAID.

Regards

Philip

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I just caught that you said SATA Mode is set to AHCI. SATA Mode *must* be set to RAID (or Optane) before you start. Unless set to RAID (or Optane), the RST firmware will not be running.

Hope this helps,

...S

PhilipG
Novice

Perfect,

Worked a treat, mirror building now.

Regards

Philip

0 Kudos