Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

Dell 13-7368 -- Intel Rapid Storage warning (at risk)

PBaum3
Beginner

Hi, when I restart my laptop, I get a popup warning -- it says, "Your system is reporting one or more warnings, and data may be at risk. Open the application for details.

When I open the app, it says, "SATA SSD on Controller 0, Port 1: At risk (Smart Event)

Additional detail:

Usage: Available

Advanced:

Password protected: NO -- Is the issue?

I could suppress it, but I want to make sure it's not a major security issue -- and if it is, how to fix it.

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PBaum3,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration. Please provide us with these details:

• Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) report
  1. Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology).
  2. Click the Help icon.
  3. Click the System Report icon.
  4. Click Save.

• Please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

• Please attach a screenshot of the status of the Smart Event.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PBaum3
Beginner
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PBaum3, 

Thank you for your response.

Based on the description of the issue, and your system configuration, you do not have RAID configured on your computer. For this reason, the message you are receiving indicates that your drive may become faulty soon. In other words, the drive is reporting its health status.

To avoid data loss, we recommend that you back it up. It is worth mentioning that you may need to replace your drive to make sure your hardware is going to work as expected.

Wanner G.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PBaum3,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
PBaum3
Beginner

Thank you for your thorough response. Is there any way I can tel specifically what the error code is and what's wrong? I guess I'm saddened and upset and amazed that a $1000, three-year-old laptop would experience this type of failure. Any recommendations on how to fix it and, more importantly, what computer brands offer better quality?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should also reconsider using RST at all, on any laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PBaum3,

In this case, a feature supported by the drive, Smart Events, is notifying Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) that the drive may fail.

What we can recommend is that you ensure your data is backed up to avoid data loss. Also, you may need to contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to check the integrity of the drive installed in the computer.

Regarding your question about "computer brands that offer better quality", Intel Customer Support cannot comment on 3rd-party products because only Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) are familiar with their hardware, BIOS, and other components installed by them. What we can suggest is that you contact the OEM to obtain more information about product specifications.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos