Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
307 Discussions

Install Intel RSTe Drivers on ASUS X299-Deluxe, 0x00004E24 This platform is not supported

SReam
Beginner

When I attempt to install Intel RSTe Drivers (from ASUS) on an X299-Deluxe motherboard I get the following error:

0x00004E24 This platform is not supported

If I switch the system to AHCI mode in the BIOS I am able to install the drivers; however, if I switch to Intel RSTe mode in the BIOS no drives appear in the RST application.

If I install the Intel RST Drivers from intel.com they install without an issue, I'm able to create a RAID volume using the RST software; However, the IRST POST screen does not appear during boot (it does appear if I enable CSM boot, so this may not be an issue)

But, with that ASUS support has said that I should only use their drivers and that there are no issues with their drivers, so if they don't work I should RMA the mobo.... Which just doesn't seem right given everything works with the Intel drivers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello OrsonAround,

Thanks for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (Intel® RSTe) support forum and in regards to your situation we'll be more than glad to help you; in order to determine which way will be the most appropriate to assist you we'll need that you send us the Technical Specifications of your machine such as:

The Drives are used in a RAID (0, 1, 5, 10) configuration?:

Version of Intel® RSTe (Enterprise) or Intel® RST (non-Enterprise) that you're trying to install:

Version (Specific like: Windows 10 1803, 1709, etc.):

If possible please attach us the LOG Files generated by RSTe/RST, depending on your Windows Version they could be found in the C:\Users\[username]\Intel folder or also you can use the Email option on the RSTe/RST GUI to generate a report for your equipment.

Once you've sent us that information we'll proceed with the necessary assistance and if you have additional details to your case or want to ask additional questions please don't hesitate to contact us, we'll be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello OrsonAround,

Thanks for your time and we're sending you this message as a follow-up to your case and to see if the information that we've provided you was useful for your situation.

Please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello OrsonAround,

Thanks for your time and we're sending you this message as a follow-up to your situation and to see if the information that we've provided you was useful for your situation.

At this point we'll mark this question as solved; however, if you want to ask more questions please fell free to contact us, we'll be glad to assist you

Best regards,

Chris

0 Kudos