Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support Assistant cannot update.

HYOON2
Beginner

I tried updating the Intel Driver and Support Assistant from 3.6 to 3.7 but keeps getting an error. Please see attached. I hope someone could help. Thanks.

My hardware is;

i7-8700K

Asus Z390E Mobo

Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti

Windows 10 1809

16 GB RAM

Samsung Evo 960 NVME

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HYOON2, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. To address this issue, please follow these steps: • Uninstall the existing IDSA tool in the system with the Uninstaller tool. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t • Download and install the latest IDSA version from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?v=t • Double-click "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Installer.exe" to run the setup program • Read and agree to the license terms and conditions • Select "Install" • Click the "Launch" button. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HYOON2
Beginner
Thanks so much. This helped to fix the problem.
0 Kudos
MKulc
Beginner

I am having the same issue with the error code, and these steps did not help me. I am still receiving the same error code.

Could you help please?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MKulc, To continue assisting you, we would like to gather your system configuration. A. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. B. Are you trying to upgrade the tool from version 3.6 to version 3.7? C. Please attach a picture showing the error message you are receiving. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MKulc, If you are still experiencing the issue reported, we would like to take a look at your system configuration. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MKulc If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MKulc
Beginner

error.jpgI have attached my sytem scan to this message.

yes, I'm trying to upgrade the tool version from 3.6 to 3.7, but I am having the same issue as on the above picture with the same error code. (Attached a screenshot of the error)

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MKulc Thank you for attaching the report requested. This report shows that you are running this tool in an Aspire XC-704 system. In this scenario, we recommend uninstalling Intel® DSA and contacting your system manufacturer for validated drivers and support. However, if you would like help Intel improve this tool, please attach the following log files: 1. The latest DSAUninstaller.log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log. 2. The latest DSA Log files: using File Explorer, go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder. NOTE: Uncheck Hide System files to see the AppData folder. Show hidden files https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MKulc Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MKulc If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos