Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

Intel RST shows no devices in System Storage View

cattledogit
Beginner

My problems started when I followed the "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" prompt t update the Intel RST. I realized a couple of weeks later that my DVD drive had stopped working, though it was connected to a (ASmedia likely) SATA2 port.

I just got the DVD drive working again by rolling back the Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller to ver 15.7.0.104. Now the Driver & Support Assistant says:

• Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 6th/7th Generation Platforms
  • Latest version: 15.9.0.1015
  • Installed Version: 15.7.0.1014
  • Update available

HOWEVER, after the rollback Intel RST now shows no devices in the Storage System View, though the ssu report lists the "Intel RAID 1 Volume," for example.

How do I get Intel RST working again? Re-install an earlier version of Intel RST?

TIA

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello cattledogit, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I was checking your hardware configuration and I can see that you have a 3rd generation platform, Windows* 10 is not supported with that platform, meaning that there are no drivers available for that combination of hardware/operating system. I am unsure as to why you found an updated for Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology with that configuration. I would like to know how you rolled back the driver for Rapid Storage Technology as well, perhaps what you downloaded was the interface and not the driver itself. I also want to know if you have tried checking in the BIOS extension of Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology, this is achievable by accessing it during the POST using the combination of Ctrl + I, if this does not work then some times, system manufacturers configure the BIOS so that you can access the BIOS extension through there, it is recommended to contact the system/motherboard manufacturer to be sure. Please provide me with a picture of the BIOS extension to see if the RAID/drives are recognized there as well so we can have more information. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
cattledogit
Beginner

David,

Thank you for your reply.

You wrote:

> I can see that you have a 3rd generation platform, Windows* 10 is not supported with that platform

Win 10 x64 is supported on Ivy Bridge according to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html.

> I would like to know how you rolled back the driver for Rapid Storage Technology

In Device Manager under "Storage controllers" I clicked Properties, and Driver tab, then clicked "Roll Back Driver."

> I also want to know if you have tried checking in the BIOS extension of Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology, this is achievable by accessing it during the POST using the combination of Ctrl + I

Ctrl + I didn't do anything in POST, windows just started normally. I don't see Intel Rapid Storage Technology mentioned in the BIOS settings, though "Intel Rapid Start Technology" is mentioned. The ASRock Z77 Extreme4 specs are at https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/. The win10x64 drivers are at http://tw.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=Win1064&Model=Z77%20Extreme4, and the beta drivers are at http://tw.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=Beta&Model=Z77%20Extreme4.

20190205_154715.jpg

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello cattledogit, Thank you for your response. When I mentioned third generation I was not referring to the processor itself but rather the chipset, there are no versions of Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology that support the combination of hardware/O.S that you have. In fact, the latest version released supports up to Windows 8.1. Also, I would like to mention that the method followed to rollback the driver is not recommended since problems like this could arrive, when you are updating the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology driver it is always recommended to check compatibility first. In order to get a working version of Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology you will need to install a supported O.S like Windows 8, or else, if the manufacturer of the system has any workaround you can contact them as well but from Intel's side there is no Rapid Storage Technology version that supports your specific combination of hardware/O.S Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos